If you were born after Feb. 21, 1986. . .

A place for the public to come and bitch to us.
The Big Fat Lobster
Dervish

Post by The Big Fat Lobster »

Too bad Chrono Cross was not Chrono Trigger 2, and bad.
Awkana
Assbag

Post by Awkana »

I made it about 2/3rds of the way through Chrono Cross, then just stopped one day and never played it again.

Chrono Trigger on the other hand: I've beat it all 32 ways and I've beat the game a total of 900 times. I was obsessed with this game, and when I got the emulator, I played it all over again.

My favourite RPG of all time, for the Sega Dreamcast: Skies of Arcadia.
I fucking love this game and still.. ah fuck, I have to hook up my Dreamcast now.
Cows are better alive!
Hezin
Caliph
Main Character: Trilan

Post by Hezin »

Just get the gamecube version Awak..game is fucking fantastic. Chrono trigger lies heavily in my top rpg's of all time, and agreed the sequeal made FFXII look good.
Life is easier when you just don't give a damn.
Yo
Caliph
Main Character: Tubber

Post by Yo »

I can't play the RPGs either. No Zelda, Chrono Trigger, FF.
But I could watch someone play them.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Post by Payndar Circusdorf »

Hezin wrote:Just get the gamecube version Awak..game is fucking fantastic. Chrono trigger lies heavily in my top rpg's of all time, and agreed the sequeal made FFXII look good.
FFXII? You played it already?

I assume you meant FF VII, which truly was horrible. Chrono Cross is redeemed for me by the beautiful design, the decent gameplay, and the All-these-years-later-I-still-can't-believe-this-is-from-a-video-game soundtrack.

None of those elements exist in FF VII.

Edit: But, it will always suck, because of its Only-the-Japanese-could-write-a-story-this-mind-numbingly-complicated-and-it-still-be-this-fucking-stupid plot. And that horrible ending.
"We're family friendly. So long as your family sits around the hearth at night getting nostalgic about beastiality and honey-laced rimjobs." - Gilmore
Iamnameless
Assassin
Location: Not the US of A...try Norther and Colder. And no, I don't mean Minnesota.

Post by Iamnameless »

Payndar Circusdorf wrote:Edit: But, it will always suck, because of its Only-the-Japanese-could-write-a-story-this-mind-numbingly-complicated-and-it-still-be-this-fucking-stupid plot. And that horrible ending.
Hahaha...so true...
Aynder - 60 Tauren Druid
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

Not to mention the 2 hour movie Advent Children cleared up nothing and was just as contrived.
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity

Awkana
Assbag

Post by Awkana »

He was referring to Skies of Arcadia I believe..

I LOVED FF3, and I didn't really get into FFVII...mainly because it would fucking freeze at Sephiroth (on PC).

Secret of Mana 2 was pretty sweet, I forget the Japanese name.

And I concur with you on the evaluation on Chrono Cross. That should be the review on IGN for it.
Cows are better alive!
Hezin
Caliph
Main Character: Trilan

Post by Hezin »

Payndar Circusdorf wrote:
Hezin wrote:Just get the gamecube version Awak..game is fucking fantastic. Chrono trigger lies heavily in my top rpg's of all time, and agreed the sequeal made FFXII look good.
FFXII? You played it already?

I assume you meant FF VII, which truly was horrible. Chrono Cross is redeemed for me by the beautiful design, the decent gameplay, and the All-these-years-later-I-still-can't-believe-this-is-from-a-video-game soundtrack.

None of those elements exist in FF VII.

Edit: But, it will always suck, because of its Only-the-Japanese-could-write-a-story-this-mind-numbingly-complicated-and-it-still-be-this-fucking-stupid plot. And that horrible ending.
A few clear ups
1. Yes I played FFXII demo came with Dragon quest 8. I like it alot.
2. In my original post FXII should be interpeted as FFX2, which made me want to kill myself.
3. FF VII is one of the best...after you leave the city.
Life is easier when you just don't give a damn.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Iamnameless wrote:
Payndar Circusdorf wrote:Edit: But, it will always suck, because of its Only-the-Japanese-could-write-a-story-this-mind-numbingly-complicated-and-it-still-be-this-fucking-stupid plot. And that horrible ending.
Hahaha...so true...
When I wrote this, I was talking about Chrono Cross, but rereading it, it also applies to FF VII (and even moreso to FF VIII, which was a piece of shit all the way around).
"We're family friendly. So long as your family sits around the hearth at night getting nostalgic about beastiality and honey-laced rimjobs." - Gilmore
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

I used to think FF7(stop useing roman numerals) was the greatest. That is until I got a PC pirate copy and played it again. Payn is right, its complete trash and is probably what lead the series into the constant stream of shitty main characters (Locke > Cloud + Squall + Tidus + monkey boy in FF9).

FF6 is the still the best there is.
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity

Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Hezin wrote: 3. FF VII is one of the best...after you leave the city.
Until the end of the first CD, after which the only interesting character in the game, Sephiroth, never says one single fucking word, but we learn all about the true identity of the person who remotely controls a fucking stuffed cat or whatever the fuck it is, that you for some reason recruited to help you save the world.

So yes, I will grant that half of one of the 3 CDs of FFVII is partially redeemable.
Iamnameless
Assassin
Location: Not the US of A...try Norther and Colder. And no, I don't mean Minnesota.

Post by Iamnameless »

Payndar Circusdorf wrote:So yes, I will grant that half of one of the 3 CDs of FFVII is partially redeemable.
So it's 16.7% good?
Aynder - 60 Tauren Druid
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

No, 16.7% is redeemable.

It still doesn't erase the lame characters, materia system, or insultingly easy gameplay.
Maz
Caliph
Main Character: Pamara

Post by Maz »

I still love link to the past