Medivh is #1!

Comment on newsposts and stuff here.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Post by Payndar Circusdorf »

Anonymous wrote:Those that didn't give a shit on our server camp those farmers that went out to farm their own materials because they were unwilling to pay the ungodly auction house prices.
I'm weepy. Really.
"We're family friendly. So long as your family sits around the hearth at night getting nostalgic about beastiality and honey-laced rimjobs." - Gilmore
Maz
Caliph
Main Character: Pamara

Post by Maz »

Anonymous wrote:
Maz wrote:our server worked together to get 100%, end of story, you guys couldn't hold your truce with alliance.
You truly are a fucking moron if you believe this. Those that didn't give a shit on your server only boost prices on the Auction House to something insane. Those that didn't give a shit on our server camp those farmers that went out to farm their own materials because they were unwilling to pay the ungodly auction house prices.
no server effort, we even had the ranrangs helping

Post by Guest »

I am one of those Mannorothians who wasn't particularly thrilled about the prospect of subverting our server identity to open AQ ASAP. What I mean is: when I signed up for a PvP server I enlisted knowing (nay, EXPECTING) to both dish out and take random gankings and engage in spontaneous world PvP. That's just my cup of tea, and if it's not your cup of tea, I can totally respect that.

I honestly can see both a positive and negative to finishing your resources first. I know you guys get a ton of accolades and it's probably pretty cool to know that EVERY TIME you load that progress website, Medivh will be in the #1 spot. Unless for some reason you can't manage to actually finish the event that finally opens the gates and allows instance runs, you will be the first to make official journeys into AQ. That's pretty cool, certainly.

On the other hand, think about some of the implications of finishing first. For the majority of your players, all this means is that you were the best at repeating a task hundreds of thousands of times, be it mining a mineral or killing a monster that dropped Wool Cloths. Honestly, how much gaming skill does that really show? The people who truly deserve the highest props are the ones who organized your server's efforts consistently, using their free time to make sure the operation was running smoothly. And frankly I can't imagine there are more than a few dozen of those people.

I'm sorry that you guys suspected all the other servers of creating idle alts on Medivh. Mannoroth suspected that too. If it happened at all (and I don't think we can say it didn't and keep a straight face) that's really deplorable and honestly quite pathetic. I'm really thankful that they closed character creation on our respective servers, because the queues on Manno were getting ridiculous and apparently so were yours.

I couldn't tell you who started the flame war or who escalated it, but I think we can all agree that it didn't serve one goddamn purpose. Calling you guys pussy carebears didn't stop your progress and calling us ganking assholes didn't stop ours.

So anyway, here's some props to your server (and your guild, if you so choose) on getting the farming done first. You guys presumably will have the first shot at officially downing an AQ boss, so try not to blow it :wink:
Phelps McManus
Caliph

Post by Phelps McManus »

Its good to see there are some intelligent players on Mannoroth. Thank you, most recent guest, for your well thoughtout reply, and I can only hope that you represent the majority of Mannorothians as opposed to the other idiot guests we have had in the last few days. Finishing #1 out of all the PvP servers is no small feat.
In vino veritas.

Maz
Caliph

Post by Maz »

agreed, very well said
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Phelps McManus wrote: Finishing #1 out of all the PvP servers is no small feat.
And you know what they say about servers with big feat.
"We're family friendly. So long as your family sits around the hearth at night getting nostalgic about beastiality and honey-laced rimjobs." - Gilmore
GraaceAndWill
Assassin
Main Character: Dal

Post by GraaceAndWill »

Payndar Circusdorf wrote:
Phelps McManus wrote: Finishing #1 out of all the PvP servers is no small feat.
And you know what they say about servers with big feat.
Yes, big socks.
Where there is virtual man ass, there you shall find me.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

big Pink socks?

Post by Guest »

Yo
Caliph
Main Character: Tubber

Post by Yo »

those euros are nuts.
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

I guess all those PvP servers are full of French people. Only way they could do all that farming without fighting.
Last edited by Ves on Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity

Yo
Caliph
Main Character: Tubber

Post by Yo »

Ves wrote:I guess all those PvP servers are full of French people. Only way they could do all that farming without fighting.
Roflart

Definitely

Post by Guest »

[quote="Hkat"][/quote]

"" is a lot more reasonable than what the others suggested.
Maz
Caliph

Post by Maz »

They also knew ahead of time.