1/17/07

For news related to clemson and the surrounding area.
fastkill
Gypsy

Post by fastkill »

GT is a very good team. They have a couple of freshman that are outstanding. It was a very exciting game. James Mays is a beast, he had 2 great dunks that really got the crowd going late in the game.

Time for 2 tough road games. Clemson should beat NCst and Maryland, but you never know on those road games. UNC at home should be fun. The last time UNC came to Little John ranked #1 they got beat...here's to that happening again.
Arne
Assassin

Post by Arne »

Final
(5)Ohio State 69
(4)Wisconsin 72

Gotta love that! haha,
/major sarcasm on - The Ohio State...just rolling the last few days, football, basketball.....woohoo!

17 and 0 now.....like rodney though, getting no respect, we shall see if it is deserved a week from today, if by some small miracle they pull the upset 1/17 you all better be in the top 5 or someone is cracking.
Last edited by Arne on Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
fastkill
Gypsy

Post by fastkill »

I got a felling UNC will win that game. I hope not, but UNC's guard is so fast. Clemson playes really good D, but a really good guard penitrating and kicking it out may give us fits. We shall see. Got Maryland next at Maryland. That won't be a cake walk. I just hope CU can keep it up.
Arne
Assassin

Post by Arne »

Well god damn, I guess you all won't get your shot at the number one team now :cry: .
Va Tech...../sigh....that's the ACC for ya I guess, new it was gonna happen but was hoping they could hold out at the top spot for a little while longer.
Yo
Caliph
Main Character: Tubber

Post by Yo »

fastkill wrote: Clemson playes really good D, but a really good guard penitrating and kicking it out may give us fits. We shall see. Got Maryland next at Maryland. That won't be a cake walk. I just hope CU can keep it up.
Maryland's penetrating O indeed.
Zeel
Sultan
Main Character: Zeel

Post by Zeel »

So much for that jungle karma (Rome interviewed Oliver Purnell last Thursday). Maybe it will help against UNC.
Zeel - 70 Tauren Warrior - Medivh

Have a take, don't suck!
fastkill
Gypsy

Post by fastkill »

Yeah, the maryland game sucked. Time to bounce back against UNC.
Arne
Assassin

Post by Arne »

no no, you got that backwards...time for UNC to bounce back against Clemson! 8)
Arne
Assassin

Post by Arne »

7pm EST
ESPN
ACC night
It's on!
Go Heels!
fastkill
Gypsy

Post by fastkill »

Well, here is my take on the game. Clemson shot 33% from the field and 23% from the freethrow line. It was a combination of UNC's defense, and Clemson guys just not shooting well. Booker missed lots of little layups that he normaly makes, and Rivers couldn't score with a dead hooker tonight let alone hit a 3. Clemsons only 3, in the first half, came from Mayes :shock:

Couple of shotty calls/no calls (no call for traveling on a break away dunk), but the refs did a lot better than what I thought they would. Can't really complain about that.

Was a good crowd, I had ok seats. First row center court in the top level. Can't complain as they were free.

Clemson played ok on D, 15 blocked shots and 20 steals (ACC record), but UNC sent guys towards there basket early and Clemson didn't get back on D a lot of times.

There were a few great plays...Loved the dunk by Hammonds over someguy. Hammonds never dunks, was the first time I've ever seen him throw one down, let alone go lefty over a guy that had him by 4 inches.

Over all, UNC has the most talent Clemson has played and probably will play all year. Hopefully all those freshmen go pro after this year...until then, they can kiss my ass and go to hell! =)
Arne
Assassin

Post by Arne »

I would guess if they play 5 times back to back I would bet they would all be much closer than last night, was not clemson's evening.

Clemson showed, as you stated though, some of unc's weak points, blocks and steals...unc is young and needs to work on that big time if they are going to give florida a run for their money in the tournament.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Post by Payndar Circusdorf »

fastkill wrote:Clemson shot 23% from the freethrow line.
Had this been enough to make the difference in Clemson's loss, I would have been fucking livid. Thankfully Clemson lost to a better team and not to themselves (I am looking at you, Clemson football kickers).
"We're family friendly. So long as your family sits around the hearth at night getting nostalgic about beastiality and honey-laced rimjobs." - Gilmore
CoopCommando
Dervish

Post by CoopCommando »

Payndar Circusdorf wrote:
fastkill wrote:Clemson shot 23% from the freethrow line.
Had this been enough to make the difference in Clemson's loss, I would have been fucking livid. Thankfully Clemson lost to a better team and not to themselves (I am looking at you, Clemson football kickers).
Every time they stole the ball, they gave it back to UNC within 5 seconds. They could of easily made it a good game if they hadn't of been so hyperactive as soon as they got the ball. Clemson wasn't shooting well or playing smart, they would of lost to just about anyone.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Post by Payndar Circusdorf »

Sounds like they need some discipline and poise. Age will help, I hope.
"We're family friendly. So long as your family sits around the hearth at night getting nostalgic about beastiality and honey-laced rimjobs." - Gilmore
fastkill
Gypsy

Post by fastkill »

Well, Its possible that Duke just passed UNC on my hate list. Clemson got screwed last night. Here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_bkoMl-XvA