1/17/07

For news related to clemson and the surrounding area.
Arne
Assassin

1/17/07

Post by Arne »

I hope you all are ready for the basketball game. Guess we shall see if you are still ranked by then. /chuckle
Not sure if any of you keep up with basketball, just thought I would give ya some shit.
That stud (hansbrough) on unc's team is from right around here, popular bluff, mo.
fastkill
Gypsy

Post by fastkill »

you a unc fan?
Hkat
Caliph

Post by Hkat »

1/17/07 I'm going to be grinding my way to 63.
Arne
Assassin

Post by Arne »

fastkill wrote:you a unc fan?
I know I will get motherfucked every which way, but, Yes sir I am, basketball, tobacco road, if you are a fan of the game it doesn't get much better than that.
Have been for a long long time back to the early 90's, and now that a st louis native is there leading the team its even sweeter! They come to town Friday to beat the shit out st louis university, should be pretty funny to see, wish I could have bought a ticket but there was slim chance in hell at getting one of those as the city of popular bluff (hansbrough home town) soaked up a lot of them and everyone else just wants to see the heels.
fastkill
Gypsy

Post by fastkill »

Arne wrote:
fastkill wrote:you a unc fan?
I know I will get motherfucked every which way, but, Yes sir I am, basketball, tobacco road, if you are a fan of the game it doesn't get much better than that.
Have been for a long long time back to the early 90's, and now that a st louis native is there leading the team its even sweeter! They come to town Friday to beat the shit out st louis university, should be pretty funny to see, wish I could have bought a ticket but there was slim chance in hell at getting one of those as the city of popular bluff (hansbrough home town) soaked up a lot of them and everyone else just wants to see the heels.
Well, I won't lie to you. I hate UNC with a passion...not as bad as I hate the gamecocks mind you, but I hate them none the less. Mainly because of the clemson/unc game back several years ago when clemson was actually pretty good. They played at the dean dome where clemson has never won, and clemson ended up finishing the game with only 4 players. Anyways... UNC looks very good this year. Clemson looks better than average. If things go the right way and KC Rivers gets hot shooting 3's we may split with you guys, but that may just be wishfull thinking.

I do my best to keep up with basketball. So far I've made every home game. So anyways...I hope you guy get beat in every game you play, and Roy Williams gets polio or something...jk
Arne
Assassin

Post by Arne »

Ha Ha
Understandable, being from the midwest, I live in MO. and went to school in Illinois, I frickin hate ohio state university with the same passion you hate the gamecocks or unc.
Arne
Assassin

Post by Arne »

Well it was not as convincing as I thought it would be, but unc pulled away nicely in the second half over slu for a 21 point victory.

In other news...florida knocked the fuck out of ohio state....lmfao....GOTTA LOVE THAT SHIT!
fastkill
Gypsy

Post by fastkill »

yeah, osu looked like they may get back into it, but florida turned it on after the 8 minute mark or so. clemson on the other hand was on fire today and dropped 103 on western carolina.
Phelps McManus
Caliph

Post by Phelps McManus »

Too bad we havent played a team ranked in the top 25 yet...Hell, we've barely even played any teams that are in division 1.
In vino veritas.

fastkill
Gypsy

Post by fastkill »

thats true...they get there first test Thursday when they play Georgia. Georgia beat Gonzaga which beat UNC, therefore if Clemson beats Georgia UNC can go to hell =)
Deadbone
Gypsy.

Post by Deadbone »

Hkat wrote:1/17/07 I'm going to be grinding my way to 63.
Lol, I love how it isn't 70. It's 63. Just funny that you know you are going to be between 62 and 63. =)
-Dead

"No one cares how much you Know, Until they know how much you care.
Hkat
Caliph

Post by Hkat »

Deadbone wrote:
Hkat wrote:1/17/07 I'm going to be grinding my way to 63.
Lol, I love how it isn't 70. It's 63. Just funny that you know you are going to be between 62 and 63. =)
I took 3 days off work (16th-18th) and I'm looking to be at least 64/5 by Friday the 19th.
Arne
Assassin

Post by Arne »

01/03 at Florida St 7:00 PM
01/06 Ga Tech 4:00 PM
01/09 at NC State 7:00 PM
01/13 at Maryland 2:00 PM
01/17 #2 UNC 7:00 PM

Clemson schedule the next few weeks, damn, thats a tough one, conference schedules starting up so that means good games, tough losses for everyone, hope UNC can stay at one loss as I am sure theirs will be just as ugly, ACC, as usual, looks pretty strong this year.
Go Heels!
:P

And other news...any of you watch all of the oklahoma/boise state football bowl game?...holy shit that was one for books.
Catch and lateral....take off on the statue of liberty for 2pts and the win....flippin amazing to watch.
Last edited by Arne on Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fastkill
Gypsy

Post by fastkill »

Huge road win tonight for the tigers. I was screaming at the radio. Ga Tech will be a tough game as well, but at least its at home. NCst and Maryland don't look like the world beaters of the past, but still tough games. I just hope the guys can keep it together. I can't wait for the UNC game...hopefully we will still be undefeated when we play you guys.

The Boise st vrs OU game was probably the most exciting game I have ever watched...the last 5 minutes of that game was insane. I felt so bad for BSU's QB when he through that pick for a touchdown, but then they come back with the most beautiful hook and lat play I've ever seen. There coach has a major set with his play calling. The statue of liberty play was so cool.
Arne
Assassin

Post by Arne »

Close vs GT for you guys....

I wonder who the new number one will be today? :P
I must admit, I hate for them to be #1, the pressure for the kids and you know teams get hyped up even more when playing the top seed...bah.

Was definately the first "upset" weekend in ncaa hoops.