I hate the media

For news related to clemson and the surrounding area.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

I hate the media

Post by Payndar Circusdorf »

Don't they ever check their facts?

http://www.local6.com/news/7537190/detail.html

The Tiger Town Observer is not the campus paper, and IIRC says so on its front page.

That said, kudos to them for raffling an AK 47.
"We're family friendly. So long as your family sits around the hearth at night getting nostalgic about beastiality and honey-laced rimjobs." - Gilmore
Iamnameless
Assassin
Location: Not the US of A...try Norther and Colder. And no, I don't mean Minnesota.

Post by Iamnameless »

Haha, newsmedia ftl...
Aynder - 60 Tauren Druid
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

The media get away with this shit cause their apology for the mistake will be printed 8 weeks later buried by other stories. By then no one will care, but the media source got recognition for the first slanderous article.

So I want to write a paper where the Front page is "BUSH IS REALLY A TRANSVESTITE." Then 3 weeks later on page 102E say, "Nope I lied."
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity

m0nky
Denden

Post by m0nky »

kinda reminds me of the PARODY article that a student up here at NCState wrote for the Technician (shcool newspaper) a few years back where he claimed that a study at state proved that women who gave blow jobs more frequently (and swallowed) were less likely to get breast cancer. the article was picked up by the AP and published in news papers and websites around the world as fact and not as the parody it was intended to be. people got all kinds of pissed when it was clarrified it was meant to be a parody and not taken seriously. yay for crappy fact checking/researching!
Can I be a mongoose dog?!?
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

I loved that article. Dug it up one some and my wife was like "REALLY." Course she did her fact checking and I didn't get a wealth of BJs like i hoped :cry: .
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity

Mikren
Gypsy

Post by Mikren »

heh, my anthro professor was crackin up about this yesterday in class. He is trying to hire someone from L.A. for the department, and was laughing while saying he hopes she dont get a newspaper and not like Clemson because of the teacher-student scandel and the raffling of automatic rifles in this area.
Hajii-85 Dwarf Priest
Sayah-85 Gnome Warrior
--> Arygos
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Post by Payndar Circusdorf »

Mikren wrote: not like Clemson because of the teacher-student scandel
Oh? what's this?
"We're family friendly. So long as your family sits around the hearth at night getting nostalgic about beastiality and honey-laced rimjobs." - Gilmore
Iamnameless
Assassin
Location: Not the US of A...try Norther and Colder. And no, I don't mean Minnesota.

Post by Iamnameless »

Payndar Circusdorf wrote:
Mikren wrote: not like Clemson because of the teacher-student scandel
Oh? what's this?
A teacher-student scandal, duh.
Aynder - 60 Tauren Druid