Medivh is #1!

Comment on newsposts and stuff here.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Post by Payndar Circusdorf »

manjuice wrote: graps on riding the coattails of the rest of your server.
Grats on flaming winners instead of farming to be a winner, when the reason you say you lost, PVP, is something completely under your server's control.

I mean, it's not like your server could have called a PVP truce or anything. As in, you know, not tripping over each other like fat kids at the pig's feet buffet.

I'm completely shocked that a server full of players who prefer not to act like douches won the contest, and I'm also shocked that a player who plays on a server full of douches came here to show us that he is one.

I don't blame you though. If I got utterly emasculated in front of the entire MMO-playing world I would feel like a douche too.

Grats!
"We're family friendly. So long as your family sits around the hearth at night getting nostalgic about beastiality and honey-laced rimjobs." - Gilmore
GraaceAndWill
Assassin
Main Character: Dal

Post by GraaceAndWill »

Anonymous wrote: Actually it's like saying "you won because there were no other cars on your track to get in your way." PvP still > PvE.
"Still" would imply you were the best and would have won in the first place. But, you didn't. Stating opinions as fact doesn't make them facts. Our entire server pulled together to do something, regardless of pvp or not. PVP servers could have done the exact same thing, nothing was stopping them from doing so, except for maybe themselves. You created your own cars that got in your own way.
Where there is virtual man ass, there you shall find me.
Maz
Caliph
Main Character: Pamara

Post by Maz »

Payndar Circusdorf wrote: I mean, it's not like your server could have called a PVP truce or anything. As in, you know, not tripping over each other like fat kids at the pig's feet buffet.
they tried making one, but due to the number of assholes and losers on a PvP server it failed and ended up in a server crash

Post by Guest »

GraaceAndWill wrote:
Anonymous wrote: Actually it's like saying "you won because there were no other cars on your track to get in your way." PvP still > PvE.
"Still" would imply you were the best and would have won in the first place. But, you didn't. Stating opinions as fact doesn't make them facts. Our entire server pulled together to do something, regardless of pvp or not. PVP servers could have done the exact same thing, nothing was stopping them from doing so, except for maybe themselves. You created your own cars that got in your own way.
Actually when I said "still" I was inferring that "Although Medivh has beaten us at this, PvP is STILL better."

And your entire server did not pull together. A great majority did and that is respectable, but even if 10% of people on our server decide not to pull together (many of which probably know nothing of what's going on) they hurt us much more than the 10% on your server. They can't kill your farmers. They play for PvE and it's no surprise a PvE server won this first. We chose PvP for a challenge, and many people still value that more highly than a once in a lifetime event to open a new instance.

When I said "still" I simply meant I would rather be in a second place PvP server than a first place PvE one is all. Easy mode is boring.
Zolo
Caliph

Post by Zolo »

First of all, I still stand by my original post. Being the first PvE server to finish AND being the first PvP server to finish are both amazing accomplishments. So again I say: GRATS to both servers! :mrgreen:

As far as the whole tired PvE vs. PvP debate, it's always been a matter of personal preference. Sure, it may be easier not to have to deal with gankers. But that's besides the point. What it comes down to is whether or not you find the server-wide PvP environment fun or not. Most of us who chose the PvE environment did so because we simply don't enjoy PvP that much and do not want to be forced to do it. I don't know about you Mr. Anonymous Guy, but I don't play games that aren't fun.
Xolo - Level 67 Undead Priest
Rho - Level 47 Troll Mage

Post by Guest »

I agree entirely, and I'm not one of the people to generally go on to the other forums or servers and scream and yell, but this website got linked on our forum and all I see is a Medivh guild insulting Mannoroth as a whole, and I'm part of Mannoroth so you can see why'd I'd be irritated.

And frankly I don't see what the big competition is. It's just farming stuff. It's cool that Medivh got it done first and Mannoroth second, but it's hardly like the presidency.
sede
Gypsy

Post by sede »

mannoroth wrote:there's a difference between can't and haven't yet. our finish is inevitable.

graps on riding the coattails of the rest of your server.
this quote is perfect example, lets just rewrite it a bit.

There's a differance between can't and haven't yet. Our beating Razorgore is inevitable.

As far as riding the coat tails, thats impossible for you to judge. there were numerous members who farmed the items to help with the war effort when not raid, and even more who helped farm when they could.
Zolo
Caliph

Post by Zolo »

Anonymous wrote:I agree entirely, and I'm not one of the people to generally go on to the other forums or servers and scream and yell, but this website got linked on our forum and all I see is a Medivh guild insulting Mannoroth as a whole, and I'm part of Mannoroth so you can see why'd I'd be irritated.

And frankly I don't see what the big competition is. It's just farming stuff. It's cool that Medivh got it done first and Mannoroth second, but it's hardly like the presidency.
Yeah, I saw somebody had posted it on the Mannoroth boards. So I wasn't exactly surprised to see this traffic here.

The thing that was really irritating me, and everybody else on Medivh, is all the people that were creating new characters on Medivh in an attempt to see the new content sooner. 700+ person queues and insane lag make me go ... well, insane. Thankfully Blizzard stepped in and put a halt to it.
Xolo - Level 67 Undead Priest
Rho - Level 47 Troll Mage
Yo
Caliph
Main Character: Tubber

Post by Yo »

I singlehandedly contributed almost an entire 1% to the AQ War, so get on my dick bitch.
Last edited by Yo on Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Primus662
Assassin
Main Character: Dobbah

Post by Primus662 »

The stench of 2nd place is a disgusting odor, I wish the Manloveoroths would take it elsewhere.

If only tears and flames combined to make the AQ gates open, Manwhoreoth would be set. Until then, they can download the Medivh videos.

PS Carebares win again!
Hasson Chop!

Post by Guest »

Primus662 wrote:The stench of 2nd place is a disgusting odor, I wish the Manloveoroths would take it elsewhere.

If only tears and flames combined to make the AQ gates open, Manwhoreoth would be set. Until then, they can download the Medivh videos.

PS Carebares win again!
Grow up.

And in response to the earlier post about the +700 Medivh queues, Mannoroth is seeing it just as badly. There's reason why they stopped char creation on both of them.

And Primus, are YOU the one who earned the 10+% that set Medivh above us? No? Then why are you acting like you have a lot to be bragging about?
Maz
Caliph
Main Character: Pamara

Post by Maz »

our server worked together to get 100%, end of story, you guys couldn't hold your truce with alliance.
Primus662
Assassin

Post by Primus662 »

Aww poor widdle baby, doesn't like it when the trash talking gets sent his way. Besides, I'm almost postive theres some level 35s that need greifing as we speak, and wont get it because you're wasting your time getting punked on our website.

Back to your 2nd place (the first loser) server, where the rest of the inbreds and crack babies await you.
Hasson Chop!

Post by Guest »

Primus662 wrote:Aww poor widdle baby, doesn't like it when the trash talking gets sent his way. Besides, I'm almost postive theres some level 35s that need greifing as we speak, and wont get it because you're wasting your time getting punked on our website.

Back to your 2nd place (the first loser) server, where the rest of the inbreds and crack babies await you.
Yes because CLEARLY all the retards are on the PvP servers.... Man I should reroll Medivh so I can meet more people like yourself!
Primus662
Assassin

Post by Primus662 »

Anonymous wrote:Yes because CLEARLY all the retards are on the PvP servers
We do agree on something atleast. As for meeting me, wont happen, youd go crazy within minutes without someone 5 levels below you to corpse camp.
Hasson Chop!