Probable orderofhasson.com outtage

A place for the public to come and bitch to us.
Jan
Caliph
Main Character: Janet

Probable orderofhasson.com outtage

Post by Jan »

On December 29, I will be moving the orderofhasson.com domain away from SOPA-loving registrar Go Daddy. If you have any domains registered with them or their affiliates, I urge you to do the same.

Domain transfers being what they are, there will likely be outtages while the transfer process is ongoing and DNS servers get up to date. So for the three people still reading these forums, don't panic if they appear unavailable!
Alluvin
Professional Bum
Main Character: alluvin

Re: Probable orderofhasson.com outtage

Post by Alluvin »

amazing how quickly everyone flees when a company is dumb as shit and supports something like that.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway
Jan
Caliph

Post by Jan »

Not only that, they've then issued comments to the effect of "We haven't really noticed anyone leaving, so we don't give a shit". [strike]Reddit has agreed on the 29th as an official move date, whether the transfers on that day will influence them any remains to be seen.[/strike]

Looks like they caved in. I'm still transferring however, I found myself swearing every time I've had to use their horrendous interface, so I'll use this opportunity to switch to someone better.
Alluvin
Professional Bum
Main Character: alluvin

Post by Alluvin »

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway
Jan
Caliph

Post by Jan »

Fun day in perspective, then.
Jan
Caliph

Post by Jan »

Transfer complete, orderofhasson.com is now registered in Europe, safe from the fickle politicking of SOPA, PROTECT-IP and other horrible initiatives aimed solely at lining the pockets of your senators, congressmen, movie and music industry CEOs.