funny logs

A place for the public to come and bitch to us.

Funny or nO?

F*in hillarious!
14%
pretty funny
21%
not funny
36%
I don't care!
7%
WTF is this?
21%

Total votes: 14

Monox
I want to fuck this:
Main Character: Monox

Re: funny logs

Post by Monox »

I am a shitbag, says you.

Of course anyone that takes items from guild raids to make a character stronger for the guild, and ultimately ebays for cash in that persons pocket, only to come back with another character asking for more loot is a shitbag also.

How about guildbanks disappearing?
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Post by Payndar Circusdorf »

Primus662 wrote:There is no argument you can write, and no justification you can preach, that will ever make me or any other sane person think that its ok for someone to use a bot and some mods to scam people using the neutral AH.
I'll agree with that.

I'll also agree that people are idiots if they continue to use the neutral AH when they know this activity is out there.
"We're family friendly. So long as your family sits around the hearth at night getting nostalgic about beastiality and honey-laced rimjobs." - Gilmore
Alluvin
Professional Bum
Main Character: alluvin

Post by Alluvin »

Monox wrote:Of course anyone that takes items from guild raids to make a character stronger for the guild, and ultimately ebays for cash in that persons pocket, only to come back with another character asking for more loot is a shitbag also.

Just figured this needed to be read again in this thread.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway
Subatai
Dervish

Post by Subatai »

Can't we all just get along?

p.s. after reading this thread, my new favorite word is "douchebaggery"
Vinz Klortho - Ranger
Subatai - Rogue
Kyle>>You
Dervish
Main Character: Lucandra

Post by Kyle>>You »

Moral of the story: "Everyone is a shitbag"?
Alterin - 80 BE Paladin (Imaginary Friends - Zul'jin)
Spikeshot - 50 Spines/Regen Scrapper

Kabol
Caliph

Post by Kabol »

Who knew video games could foster such resentment? Well, just the multiplayer ones I guess. There are no "shitbags" in Civ4.

Except Montezuma. I hate that guy.
This is the Colbert Report. And for our foreign viewers, THIS IS THE COLBERT REPORT!
Primus662
Assassin
Main Character: Dobbah

Post by Primus662 »

Monox wrote:I am a shitbag, says you.

Of course anyone that takes items from guild raids to make a character stronger for the guild, and ultimately ebays for cash in that persons pocket, only to come back with another character asking for more loot is a shitbag also.

If you honestly can look another human being in the eye, and stop trying to bring up shit that isnt botting and AH related for 30 fucking seconds, and tell them that you believe that using bots and mods to scam people is not only a great way to pass time, but the funniest shit since Ace Ventura 2, then yes, you appear to have shitbag tendencies.

Now I know the ebay shot wasnt at me, since the only character Ive ever lost was a naked level 60 Inukchuk when I gave him to Justin to play on Thrall. In fact, Im hard pressed to remember anyone who ebayed before the guild broke up. Several did after, but once the guild has been disbanded, ebaying really cant hurt it anymore, now can it.

As for the guild bank, Ill be the first to tell you I grabbed a few cores for a gun once we hit the point where mains didnt want any more. And when the guild finally died, we gave most of the bank shit away to people who were online, with most of the mats going to your buddy Zeel if I recall correctly. I can say that without a doubt, no guild bank dissapeared when I was in charge of it, and if I recall correctly, a huge amount of upgrades and resist gear came from said guild bank. Hard to make purple cloth items and FR gear from a bank that was lost in the Bermuda Triangle isnt it? Not that how the guild bank was handled has fuck all to do with scamming AH bots.
Last edited by Primus662 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hasson Chop!
Primus662
Assassin

Post by Primus662 »

Subatai wrote:Can't we all just get along?

p.s. after reading this thread, my new favorite word is "douchebaggery"
I knew someone would like it. :)
Hasson Chop!
Phelps McManus
Caliph

Post by Phelps McManus »

Why dont you just sell the item for an amount that wouldnt trigger the bots? If you need the money back just put some other bogus stuff up for sale at the high price.
In vino veritas.

Monox
I want to fuck this:

Post by Monox »

Primus662 wrote: If you honestly can look another human being in the eye, and stop trying to bring up shit that isnt botting and AH related for 30 fucking seconds, and tell them that you believe that using bots and mods to scam people is not only a great way to pass time, but the funniest shit since Ace Ventura 2, then yes, you appear to have shitbag tendencies.

Now I know the ebay shot wasnt at me, since the only character Ive ever lost was a naked level 60 Inukchuk when I gave him to Justin to play on Thrall. In fact, Im hard pressed to remember anyone who ebayed before the guild broke up. Several did after, but once the guild has been disbanded, ebaying really cant hurt it anymore, now can it.

As for the guild bank, Ill be the first to tell you I grabbed a few cores for a gun once we hit the point where mains didnt want any more. And when the guild finally died, we gave most of the bank shit away to people who were online, with most of the mats going to your buddy Zeel if I recall correctly. I can say that without a doubt, no guild bank dissapeared when I was in charge of it, and if I recall correctly, a huge amount of upgrades and resist gear came from said guild bank. Hard to make purple cloth items and FR gear from a bank that was lost in the Bermuda Triangle isnt it? Not that how the guild bank was handled has fuck all to do with scamming AH bots.
I think it is hillarious.

I still stand by my statements:

1. You don't have to have a bot (a la auto-click leveling bot) running to get a deal, since BOTTOM SCANNER MAKES A SOUND WHEN IT FINDS A DEAL. Why I have to keep syaing this? here is the sequence: Fire up WoW, run to auction house, open bottom scanner, AND WAIT

2. The neutral AH isn't meant for funneling stuff from alliance to horde and back again. (guild banks?) If blizzard intended for there to be a way to move things from alliance to horde and vice versa, they would have put it in the game in the first place.

3. Zeel did not play Everquest. Your theories on where the guildbank in WoW ended up are sketchy at best, I personally believe it some of it somehow made it's way to the alliance side to service the people most responsible for the blowup of the horde's Order of Hasson guild... (oh sweet irony)

4. This "douchebaggery" hardly holds a candle to some of the shitty things I've witnessed in the 8 years I've been playing games with the core of this guild. There is no point in airing out more dirty laundry that I already did, but if you can look at yourself and say this is the first thing you've ever seen that someone you know in this guild has done that counts as questionable - count yourself lucky. I am not one of those people. In fact, I could probably be counted as one of the ones that have done something questionable - so if you know me, then there's one.
Monox
I want to fuck this:

Post by Monox »

There is a 15% house cut on the neutral AH... this is to prevent people from moving things from A->H or H->A without penalty.
Phelps McManus
Caliph

Post by Phelps McManus »

Why not just make the penalty the same as the faction based AH's?
In vino veritas.

Monox
I want to fuck this:

Post by Monox »

This is to prevent people from moving things from A->H or H->A without penalty

The game is designed to have 2 completely different factions seperate from each other in all aspects, language, economy, and yes, even demographic makeup (kids and women tend to play alliance)

You make things easier to get in the neutral AH than in the Factioned AH's then there would be no reason to ever use the horde AH, since everything in the alliance AH is usually cheaper
Primus662
Assassin

Post by Primus662 »

I'm pretty sure Hitler used bots too.

/Godwin'd
Hasson Chop!
Kyle>>You
Dervish
Main Character: Lucandra

Post by Kyle>>You »

Monox wrote:Your theories on where the guildbank in WoW ended up are sketchy at best, I personally believe it some of it somehow made it's way to the alliance side to service the people most responsible for the blowup of the horde's Order of Hasson guild... (oh sweet irony)
Although I don't know everything, as I quit OoH Horde long before it blew up and I never took anything from its guild bank, from what I remember guild bank items were, in fact, handed out to whoever was online and needed/was asking.

And to service who? As I recall most people stayed on their Horde characters for quite a while after the guild exploded.
Alterin - 80 BE Paladin (Imaginary Friends - Zul'jin)
Spikeshot - 50 Spines/Regen Scrapper