Wraeththu series

A place for the public to come and bitch to us.
Influx
Assassin
Main Character: Mineko

Wraeththu series

Post by Influx »

I bought this (the whole series in one huge volume) on a vague suggestion from one of my friends a couple years ago and I've only read the first hundred pages or so from the first book, and found it so homosexual (in the literal meaning of the word) that I couldn't handle it anymore. Has anyone else ever read it, and if you have, can you tell me if there is any saving grace later on? I really can't make myself trudge through much more gay if there's no awesome to immediately follow it up, and in large quantities.
Mineko: Beargasm extraordibear.
Influx
Assassin

Post by Influx »

Hah, posted this in the wrong forum. Take that, mods!
GraaceAndWill
Assassin
Main Character: Dal

Post by GraaceAndWill »

They're not gay, they're hermaphs! At least, that's what Wiki says. Sounds like an interesting idea, although a bit... weird.
Where there is virtual man ass, there you shall find me.
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

In a communications class I had in college we were forced to write a oral report from one of the books on the class list. I choose to read one about several case studies a psychiatrist did with people unhappy with their relationship. The first case study the woman was unhappy with her husband not paying much attention to her. Solution she goes out on the weekends and picks up women to have sex with now. Guy has trouble staying in a committed relationship with women. So the psychiatrist sets him up on a date with another man and they end up staying together. I couldn't read any more of the 8 remaining case studies so I glossed over the resolution and each one the person went into homosexuality.

So then the time came for me to read my oral report on my book. Rather then boring the audience with a summary of all these case studies I went on a rant about how authors lie about what their book is about. This psychiatrist wasn't helping relationships, she was just telling everyone that if your unhappy with your relationship that you were obviously gay. This theory is obviously ludicrous and I have no respect for the author now, whoever that was.
Last edited by Ves on Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity

Influx
Assassin

Post by Influx »

GraaceAndWill wrote:They're not gay, they're hermaphs! At least, that's what Wiki says. Sounds like an interesting idea, although a bit... weird.
Yeah, there are many fangirls of this series, the best I can figure is because they love the yaoi. But they don't admit it. They say the wraeththu are without gender, so it's not gay that they have free and open sex with eachother. But I don't buy it. They are said to metamorphose from human males, unless they're born of two already existing wraeththu. Think of it like two werewolves, originally human, having sex and a baby werewolf is born. Only all the originally human wraeththu were guys. Girls can't possibly become wraeththu. That's why it's gay that they have sex. And there is lots of it throughout the books. In fact, in order to perform magic, they must have sex. I'm not joking. It's like gay sex magic. That's how gay the series is. Argh!
GraaceAndWill
Assassin
Main Character: Dal

Post by GraaceAndWill »

Influx wrote:It's like gay sex magic. That's how gay the series is. Argh!
I now wholeheartedly approve of this series >.>
Where there is virtual man ass, there you shall find me.
Nerous
Dervish
Main Character: Nerias

Post by Nerous »

It's like gay sex magic
So is that like a gnome feltching a fairy?