A song of ice and fire (A TON OF SPOILERS)

A place for the public to come and bitch to us.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Post by Payndar Circusdorf »

Ves wrote:
Yo wrote:don't forget, cat isn't dead
Shes a freaking zombie, yippie.
Kinda like me when I read her chapters.
Runesong
Denden

Post by Runesong »

Great thanks for that link.

I think Martin did the right thing here and I'm still very excited for Feast to hit the shelves. On the plus side it doesn't sound like we will have much of a wait for the Dragons follow up as it sounds like hes well on his way with the 5th book.
"I hate it when my schwartz gets twisted!"
Phelps McManus
Caliph

Post by Phelps McManus »

You just jinxed him. Now we are obviously back to a 4 year wait before the next one.
Last edited by Phelps McManus on Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In vino veritas.

agrymnbrother
Denden

Post by agrymnbrother »

Did anyone read "Arms of the Kraken"? It was a short story involving the Greyjoy family after Balon got tossed off the bridge. On Martin's website, one of the spoiler chapters was from it, so I think it will be reprinted in this upcoming book.

With the new format, I have to wait even longer to see what will happen to Dany after the preview chapter in which she finds out the black dragon Drogon ate a kid. After the end of the third book, I thought she was going to have it easy for a little while, but an author's job is to torture their characters.
Taggerung
Denden

Post by Taggerung »

Jon and Tyrion are gonna marry Daenerys. Bran is gonna marry Nan. Hodor's gonna get Cersei. Jaime will learn to masturbate with a gold hand. The rest is gonna die cause Sansa and everything connected to her (Tullys, Littlefinger, Rickon and all Ladies) are useless.
Kabol
Caliph

Post by Kabol »

Taggerung wrote:Jon and Tyrion are gonna marry Daenerys. Bran is gonna marry Nan. Hodor's gonna get Cersei. Jaime will learn to masturbate with a gold hand. The rest is gonna die cause Sansa and everything connected to her (Tullys, Littlefinger, Rickon and all Ladies) are useless.
Littlefinger is one of my favorite characters.

I finally got around to reading Feast for Crows (I had to reread the first 3 books). I liked the content and though the PoV's were all interesting (except Brienne's until the very end).

Now I get to wait through a whole other book until he picks them back up again. I don't like that but I don't see how else he could have managed short of one enormous book (which still wouldn't be out yet). Ending the PoV's halfway through their story and having to wait for book 5 to finish them is even worse. He had pretty awesome stopping points for all of them, as far as making me want to read the next (after next) book.

People I have talked to who read the book before me had so-so reactions to it. Personally, I thought it was great. He hasn't seemed to have lost any of his touch for making characters realistic and intriguing.

Five thumbs up!

So, when is Book 5?
This is the Colbert Report. And for our foreign viewers, THIS IS THE COLBERT REPORT!
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

I will wait until he has finished the other part of the book untill I pick up Feast. I don't have near the time like I used to to read, but I would try to.
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity

Zolo
Caliph

Post by Zolo »

I wish I had the time to reread the first 3 books before reading Feast For Crows. I thought it was pretty good, although I thought there was too much Cersei material. I wish she'd just die off, which probably means she'll be around till the bitter end. I'm eagerly awaiting the next book since Jon and Tyrion are my favorite characters, and Daenerys has been getting more interesting. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before it comes out.
Xolo - Level 67 Undead Priest
Rho - Level 47 Troll Mage
Kabol
Caliph

Post by Kabol »

Zolo wrote:I wish I had the time to reread the first 3 books before reading Feast For Crows. I thought it was pretty good, although I thought there was too much Cersei material. I wish she'd just die off, which probably means she'll be around till the bitter end. I'm eagerly awaiting the next book since Jon and Tyrion are my favorite characters, and Daenerys has been getting more interesting. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before it comes out.
I was amazed at how much those first 3 books still sucked me in, despite being my 3rd time through them.

Personally, the Lannisters are my favorite house. Tywin, Tyrion, and Jaime are/were all bad-asses. I greatly prefer Cersei's PoV of King's Landing over Sansa's. She is no Imp, but her schemes were pretty good once they started coming together at the end. You just have to remember "that bitch crazy" with penis envy.
This is the Colbert Report. And for our foreign viewers, THIS IS THE COLBERT REPORT!
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

No matter how much of the books I forget I will always remember how much I hate Sansa. May she die in a house fire.

Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

Btw http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=5960 link says the next book might not be out until Feb 2007. My guess it will be longer then that.

Kabol
Caliph

Post by Kabol »

Ves wrote:Btw http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=5960 link says the next book might not be out until Feb 2007. My guess it will be longer then that.
The closer we get to the 2008 presidential election, the longer it will take...

I blame Kerry for losing Vietnam and at least 8 months of the delay of A Feast For Crows.
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

For times when you can't read: BOOKS ON TAPE