Sword of Truth mini-series

A place for the public to come and bitch to us.
Kabol
Caliph

Sword of Truth mini-series

Post by Kabol »

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=15750

I am sure Dalcharis will be happy to hear this news. I got bored with the books after the first 3 or so and stopped keeping up with it. However, I would really like to see this idea succeed.

A success here gets me one step closer to a ASOFAI mini-series. Give me that on HBO in HD and the technology used in LOTR to make midgets out of normal-sized actors. The casting of Tyrion is key!
This is the Colbert Report. And for our foreign viewers, THIS IS THE COLBERT REPORT!
Ves
Caliph

Re: Sword of Truth mini-series

Post by Ves »

Kabol wrote: the technology used in LOTR to make midgets out of normal-sized actors.
You do know that Forcced Perspective is not that new of a concept.
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity

Zumala
Gypsy

Post by Zumala »

I'm hoping this happens and that it will be good.

I'm up to Naked Empire (book 8) in the series now, and since I got some cash I picked up the rest of the books that I was missing. It's a great series, and although the last few books haven't been as good as the earlier ones, they are still decent. It definitely would make a good miniseries assuming that it's done properly.
Deslar - 70 Troll Shaman
Zumala - 65 Troll Mage
Kalania - 70 Night Elf Priest
Kaslania - 62 Draenei Warrior
GraaceAndWill
Assassin
Main Character: Dal

Post by GraaceAndWill »

Could be good, the first 4 novels were good... Chainfire was back to goodness. The books in the middle all had things that were good about them, but were a bit too much preaching the mantras.... Nicholas the Slade was interesting... warrenting about 200 pages of the 600 being lame? not really. Pillars of Creation was interesting.. but flat...

I imagine if they make movies, the first 3 will be it, once you try and go into Jagang, it's all going to go downhill as that's just too much to cover properly unless you start cutting shit out (possible, he's got a lot of filler/recaps but likely wouldn't flow too well). Best to stick with the books dealing with Darken and the Keeper.

Then again, if they cut out Richard and Kahlan's long as monologues, you could probably make some of the middle books combined into alright movies.

They're also supposedly making a Landover movie based on Terry Brook's books... I hope that'll be good :P
Where there is virtual man ass, there you shall find me.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Re: Sword of Truth mini-series

Post by Payndar Circusdorf »

Fuck. This is like day 2 of 2007 and already it's getting horrible.
"We're family friendly. So long as your family sits around the hearth at night getting nostalgic about beastiality and honey-laced rimjobs." - Gilmore