World War 3

A place for the public to come and bitch to us.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Post by Payndar Circusdorf »

Nerous wrote: As it is, we have a amendment which names marriage between a man and a woman. Actual descrimation in the constituition.

Amendment number? I missed that one in Con Law.
If i am not mistaken a civil union does not reward the tax right offs.

At the federal level you are correct AFAIK. On the state level, Vermont and especially now Mass might not be that way. But yeah, in general you're right and that's garbage.
You have the right to practice your religion, but religions that would actually allow marriage between to people of the same-sex cannot practice that, because it is put into the law.
Of course they can, and they do. What they cannot (currently) do is force the Government to recognize those marriages. But they can attend whatever relgiious ceremonies they wish and receive whatever religious benefits they wish -within their religion-. The bullshit is that the government will discriminate in favor of religious marriages that have one man and one woman only. That is a patent violation of the 1st Amendment but don't say that too loudly.
I believe that word is meaningful. Why should we have to have it called something else? Call me selfish, but i have always been the one to "take it for the team" and i am tired of it. I have the right. I want to be able to "Marry" David.
What Yo (and I) are saying is that the Government should get completely out of the business of recognizing marriages. Essentially in the PaynYo system, the government says "any priest can declare whoever they want to be married, and we will recognize it in a civil context and give them these certain civil benefits, and we give no fucking care whatsoever to what religious benefits those convey."
"We're family friendly. So long as your family sits around the hearth at night getting nostalgic about beastiality and honey-laced rimjobs." - Gilmore
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Kabol wrote:Bah, way to derail my topic with an equally deserving topic. Now my thread is entitled "World War 3" and goes on and on about gays...

What, Israel and Hezbollah aren't fucking each other in the ass as we speak?
Really, this is why the Republicans are winning. I think they accurately target issues that a majority people care about,

Ohio, 2004. BLACK PEOPLE voted for Bush because of the Homosexual Ban amendments. Without that amendment on the ballot there to provoke turnout, we would be out of Iraq and John Kerry would already be the biggest nancy in American history.
while Democrats, for some reason, focus on issues that don't swing votes.

A more accurate statement is that the Democrats, for some reason, run around like chickens with their heads and dicks cut off.
Females have a much stronger argument for economical grievances that gays.

The fuck you say. Prostitution is legal in Nevada, and that has GOT to put them ahead. But then, the pimps are male, so, yeah, you right, you right.
Those tax breaks help cover that disparity as well as the anticipation of supporting a family. I assure you, tax cuts for dependants do not net you a profit.
They do with Welfare.

/threadjacking an already excellent jack.
"We're family friendly. So long as your family sits around the hearth at night getting nostalgic about beastiality and honey-laced rimjobs." - Gilmore
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

GraaceAndWill wrote: A lot of the big ones involve death, illness, insurance, inheritance, visiting rights in hospitals (trust me, spiteful hateful families can and will do anything to make your partner's life miserable),

Inheritance is absolutely huge. In GA a surviving spouse gets 1/3 of the estate right off the bat, and gets 1 year of support. Not so for teh gays unless they thought ahead and made a trust, which is a rediculas hoop to force anyone to jump through.
I just think it's absurd how there's supposed to be a seperation of church and state, but there isn't much, in fact more people are trying to force more church into the state. Crazy Christian zealots just trying to force it down everyone whom doesn't believe similarly.
Believe me when I say the exceptionally vast majority of Christians oppose this.

And, far and wide, the vast majority of Americans would allow civil unions tomorrow if people would put it on the fucking ballot BY ITSELF.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Nerous wrote:You can't help but turn on a tv anymore without hearing about it. And more often then not it is people berrating it.
Probably true.

But at the same time, the Fabulous Ones need to get off the Fashionista horse. Jesus Fucking Hellfire. Black Guys are the only people who can dance and Gay guys are the only people who can dress.

Queer Eye? Gay guys.
What Not To Wear? Gay Guys.
Etc.

Dammit, straight guys should get SOMETHING, why not marriage.

In all seriousness, I will play a card from the Liberal deck and say that if the voice on the TV says something you don't like, change the channel and make your own show.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Yo wrote: I promise you, millions upon millions still marry under religious bonds.
I married under a bail bond.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

This post is just so I can say I made 9 straight posts.

[Straight as in consecutive, not straight as in looking to fuck a female.]

[But I am.]

[Fucking a female.]

[Goat]
Jan
Caliph
Main Character: Janet

Post by Jan »

[It's a ram, actually.]
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

If payn would have interjected those post during the course of the conversation that might have made more sense. Had having to look back and fact check a post.

Anyway, seems we got the legal guru in guild now. I think we need a religious zealot to round out the conversation. I mean OoH is pretty well rounded in terms of personalities as is. If we would just stop scaring the females away.
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity

Yo
Caliph
Main Character: Tubber

Post by Yo »

omgz you gays are evil! burn in hell, you'll never marry in my country!
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

Yo wrote:omgz you gays are evil! burn in hell, you'll never marry in my country!
What no random biblical quote like say "Thou shall not lay with beast." Or no allusion to Sodom and Gamora, your just lazy Yo.

GraaceAndWill
Assassin
Main Character: Dal

Post by GraaceAndWill »

Women are responsible for original sin and most of the ones in the bible where skany whores/bitches of one form or another, therefore, all women are evil and just need to sit in a corner and be nothing more than baby dispensers! Therefore, we're best off without women among us!

There we go, something nutty.
Where there is virtual man ass, there you shall find me.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

GraaceAndWill wrote:Women are responsible for original sin and most of the ones in the bible where skany whores/bitches of one form or another, therefore, all women are evil and just need to sit in a corner and be nothing more than baby dispensers! Therefore, we're best off without women among us!

No wonder you're gay, if you hate women that much!

/runs
GraaceAndWill
Assassin
Main Character: Dal

Post by GraaceAndWill »

Payndar Circusdorf wrote:
GraaceAndWill wrote:Women are responsible for original sin and most of the ones in the bible where skany whores/bitches of one form or another, therefore, all women are evil and just need to sit in a corner and be nothing more than baby dispensers! Therefore, we're best off without women among us!

No wonder you're gay, if you hate women that much!

/runs
No, don't hate them, in fact, it is generally helpful to me. If I were single, I could go up to a straight guy who's got berated by some PMSing woman... And tell him... "See, you should date men. All the action, and you don't have to deal with THAT bullshit... and you generally have a clue what the men are thinking." Say something like that and I'm bound to have a 50% chance of a toaster oven.
Where there is virtual man ass, there you shall find me.
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

That's what you think. I PMS just as bad if not worse then my wife. I'm sure you all remember a few times when I turn into a whiney, bitchy, needy ass hole. Thats me PMSing. Or I could just be Bi-polar, who knows.

Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

GraaceAndWill wrote: Say something like that and I'm bound to have a 50% chance of a toaster oven.
I'm going to assume that a "Toaster Oven" is some sort of sex act about which I am completely content to stay ignorant.