Pirates of the Caribbean 2

A place for the public to come and bitch to us.
Comintern
Denden

Post by Comintern »

Alright Alright...
perhaps I should not have opened my mouth on the subject

I do agree with most of what you say Kabol
Perhaps though, I did read more into what Jack Sparrow was doing.

I didnt see him sending Will over to the dutchman as a base Betrayal...more like sending a Trustworthy mate to accomplish a vital portion of a bigger plan.

but yeah,
the swordfight on the Water wheel. Boring and to long.
"you told the DM to do what with his dice?"
-unknown-
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Post by Payndar Circusdorf »

Comintern wrote:the swordfight on the Water wheel. Boring and to long.
DIAF.
"We're family friendly. So long as your family sits around the hearth at night getting nostalgic about beastiality and honey-laced rimjobs." - Gilmore
Comintern
Denden

Post by Comintern »

Whatever billnoob.

At first, it was really cool, or rather, interesting to say the least.

but as it kept popping up during the entire scene at the island...it just got dumb.

plus, the fight between the three of them to begin with was kind of Sketchy in the first place. Will was a bit to ARGH!!!!! when Jack wanted to do something other then what he wanted to do.

plus...I mean, if thye kill Davy Jones, doesnt that Absolve Sparrow of his Debt?
-unknown-
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Post by Payndar Circusdorf »

Comintern wrote:plus...I mean, if thye kill Davy Jones, doesnt that Absolve Sparrow of his Debt?
Obviously not.

If Jack's Debt is to Davy Jones as CEO of Flying Dutchman Inc, then the First Officer of Flying Dutchman, Inc. has every right to collect those debts, since the Flying Dutchman is still a going concern.

If Jack's Debt is to Davy Jones as an individual, then the Jones estate has a claim on Jack, and with assets like Davy has, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have those constituted in a trust somewhere. I mean Christ, the guy is ancient and obviously has a LOT of time on his hands. It wouldn't surprise me if in his marauding on the Dutchman, one of his captives offered to incorporate his holdings for him in exchange for his life. Let's face it - if you were running around acting the way pirates do, wouldn't you want your family's assets protected?

Clearly Davy Does. He locks his shit in a chest and wears the key on his tentacles. That's a man who values security.
Last edited by Payndar Circusdorf on Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We're family friendly. So long as your family sits around the hearth at night getting nostalgic about beastiality and honey-laced rimjobs." - Gilmore
Comintern
Denden

Post by Comintern »

Obviously Davy Jones is sporting a Law Degree from Oxford!
-unknown-