Superman Returns

A place for the public to come and bitch to us.
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

Next debate: Star Trek Enterprise Vs. Star Wars Super Star Destroyer. Ready. Begin.
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity

Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Post by Payndar Circusdorf »

Subatai wrote:And why isn't there any mention of the greatest Superman movie ever: Superman 3, that was entertainment!
I call foul. Jon Crier as Lex Luthor's son Lenny in Superman 4 is the best decision ever made.
"We're family friendly. So long as your family sits around the hearth at night getting nostalgic about beastiality and honey-laced rimjobs." - Gilmore
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Post by Payndar Circusdorf »

Ves wrote:Next debate: Star Trek Enterprise Vs. Star Wars Super Star Destroyer. Ready. Begin.
This debate is tired, and it was pretty conclusively settled at least 10 years ago that at a minimum, the Enterprise D could have won the Battle of Endor without backup.
"We're family friendly. So long as your family sits around the hearth at night getting nostalgic about beastiality and honey-laced rimjobs." - Gilmore
Kabol
Caliph

Post by Kabol »

These comparisons between the movies and the comic books (which I never read) aside, I thought this movie was great! The only problem I had was the length. They should have cut about 15 minutes and saved it for the extended dvd version.

I liked how they handled his kid. I don't know about all of this out-of-wedlock BS that superman would never do... I figure he is an alien and may not hold the same sanctimonies as humans. Anyway, I kept waiting for the kid to save the fucking day. Thankfully, except for one minor and fairly inconsequential event, that never happened.

Anyway, I thought the plot was pretty good for a superman movie. Kevin Spacey makes an excellent Lex Luthor. It has been awhile since I have seen the first two movies, but I thought Lois and Superman had quite a bit of character development. The fact that he left for 5 years and came back was an interesting twist. I think superman had done enough soul-searching between Superman 2 and his 5-year hiatus to Krypton. He returned to a very human predicament of baby's momma hooked up with a new man and he dealt with it.

My only problem with the whole plane-stopping scene was the total lack of snakes. They really missed a golden oppurtunity here, IMO.
This is the Colbert Report. And for our foreign viewers, THIS IS THE COLBERT REPORT!