Nintendo > Payndar

A place for the public to come and bitch to us.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Nintendo > Payndar

Post by Payndar Circusdorf »

All the reports say that Nintendo is absolutely wrecking MS and Sony at this year's E3. Apparently the Wii is living up to the hype. It also appears that they learned from the GameCube launch that having games might be good.

Metroid 3 and Zelda are, I think, launch titles. Super Smash Bros Brawl is coming soon after launch and lets you play as Solid Friggin Snake (including Cardboard Box).

From IGN:
- $249 Price tag
- Virtual Console (we knew this)
- 3d Controller (we knew this)
- ALWAYS online (console is always online, even when OFF)
- Built in speaker on the controller
- No improved graphics on Virtual Console (as in, they aren’t redoing the models, doesn’t talk about framerates and such).
- TG16 will have it’s 1st party games out at launch, 3rd party will come later as demand increases.
- Estimated prices for the VC are “a few dollars for NES, $5 for SNES and $10 for N64″
- VC games are pro-scan enabled.
- $250 “seems appropriate”
- More 3rd party exclusives than the Cube

Zelda information:

- Zelda is 80% complete, delay was for graphic tweaks, wii functions and because they want the game to be measured on a scale of 1 to 120 instead of 1 to 100.
- NO SWINGING THE CONTROLLER for the sword, you just press a button. There are some cases where you will swing though. Reason = you’ll get tired too fast
- Controller does sound effects
- Widescreen on the REV only!
- Navi is only when you play on the REV.
- Something with online is planned but no battle mode.
- More dungeons than OOT already
- More items too
Zelda has more dungeons than OOT and is only 80% done? Holy shit, glad they learned from WindWaker.

If this system really does end up costing $250 (the one part the IGN article says may not be true) I will definitely pre-order one.
"We're family friendly. So long as your family sits around the hearth at night getting nostalgic about beastiality and honey-laced rimjobs." - Gilmore
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

Holy shit $250, I might just buy a console if they are going for that price. I hope every game takes advantage of the unique gamepad the Wii has. I would hate to only have launch titles use it then no one ever uses it again.
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity

Maz
Caliph
Main Character: Pamara

Post by Maz »

for 250$ I might just get one
Jan
Caliph
Main Character: Janet

Post by Jan »

Whatever happened to the Super NES costing $200 and everyone flipping out it was too much? =P

Until the console exclusive lineup consists of more than "Zelda Twilight Princess + 20 kiddy games", I'll pass. Everything else will be released for PC sooner or later anyway.
Yo
Caliph
Main Character: Tubber

Post by Yo »

Shigeru Miyamoto himself has confirmed the following playable characters:

# Pit (Kid Icarus)
# Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
# Zero Suit Samus (the blue "no-suit" Samus from Metroid: Zero Mission)
# Metaknight (Kirby)
# Wario (Wario)
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Jan wrote:Until the console exclusive lineup consists of more than "Zelda Twilight Princess + 20 kiddy games", I'll pass.
I can't take that statement seriously from anyone who played WoW for more than 10 minutes.
"We're family friendly. So long as your family sits around the hearth at night getting nostalgic about beastiality and honey-laced rimjobs." - Gilmore
Jan
Caliph

Post by Jan »

Payndar Circusdorf wrote:I can't take that statement seriously from anyone who played WoW for more than 10 minutes.
What does that have to do with anything? I like the Splinter Cells, the Metal Gear Solids, the Deus Exs and other games likewise done for their story and realism. Why would I have any interest in, for example, Kirby's latest adventure in fairyland?
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Metroid, Mario, Zelda, SSBB, plus whatever unimaginable things they come up with for the controller (like Tennis/Baseball if you are uncreative). But yeah, I can see how those games aren't fun just because they don't have dark, underlit, faux-realism like Splinter Cells, the Metal Gear Solids, the Deus Exs, etc.

I really fail to see how "Orc and Bull's Adventures in The Mountain of Fire" (A.K.A. WOW) or "Elfie and Halfling's Trip to the Clouds" (AKA EQ) is facially more adult than "Flesh-eating Puffball with Sword flies to the Stars" (Kirby).

I don't see how you can say "I was playing Dues Ex" is any more adult a statement than "I was playing Metroid." Both are just variations on "I was playing video games," which, these days, is by definition, kiddie.
Jan
Caliph

Post by Jan »

I haven't mentioned Metroid or Zelda (except Wind Waker) for a reason, they're the few games that interest me on the console. Even then, their story is about as deep as the gene pool in Alabama. On the other hand, the games I cited have intricate stories of political conspiracy, and excellent voice acting to tell it all. How can that even compare, story-wise, to a mute little midget that has to find the 3 sacred crystals, draw the master sword, find the 8 medallions and save the princess?

I'm sure you'd have a hard time interesting your 7 year old nephew in playing Deus Ex from beginning to the end, but I'm willing to bet he'll thoroughly enjoy Zelda. And Pokémon. Personally, I mostly grew out of the old formula "Collect all the powerups and win the game".

In any case, what the fuck does it matter? My opinion is that the games Nintendo licenses are for the most part uninteresting. My opinion is that I prefer games with a deep story and good acting. Nothing you say will change that opinion.
Yo
Caliph
Main Character: Tubber

Post by Yo »

I personally find all non-player vs player console games to be boring shitpiles.

Console gaming is non-existant to me unless 1 to 15 other people are playing the game with me.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Jan wrote:Personally, I mostly grew out of the old formula "Collect all the powerups and win the game".
I can't take that statement seriously from anyone who played WoW for more than 10 minutes.
Jan
Caliph

Post by Jan »

Payndar Circusdorf wrote:
Jan wrote:Personally, I mostly grew out of the old formula "Collect all the powerups and win the game".
I can't take an argument (or the lack thereof) like that seriously~

Did you ever wonder why I used Arugal's Robe until L60? Why I'm still using Dreadmist even though I'm in a guild that clears BWL and AQ regularly? That may be because... I don't care about loot ("powerups")? =P

Not to mention you can't "win" WoW anyway.

Either way, because I don't like most of the games on Nintendo's lineup doesn't mean I won't play them. I'll try them out at friends' houses, maybe buy the console when it's a few years old, but even then I won't enjoy the games unless they're comparable to a fully-fleshed PC game and whatnot.
til2
Assbag

Post by til2 »

Unless Nintendo can come up with quality games for thier platform I won't buy it.

I've been gone from Nintento since they refused to have Mortal Kombat with the blood and fatalities. What was that 13 years ago? I've grown up and so have my tastes in gaming. I care not to play Mario on yet another platform.

Show me something besides Tennis and pretty cool concept for a baseball game and I'll think about buying the console.

If you want me to prove my gaming credentials, I played WoW for a month and said this game sucks. Apparently that passes for credentials with you.

As for real gaming I'm really Looking forward to Halo 3 and GTA4. It's just sucks that I have to wait until 2007.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

til2 wrote: I've been gone from Nintento since they refused to have Mortal Kombat with the blood and fatalities. What was that 13 years ago?
You know they allowed it in MK2 on the SNES, right?
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

Payndar is a lawyer in training, why do you guys even care what he thinks?
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity