Dreamland!

A place for the public to come and bitch to us.
GraaceAndWill
Assassin
Main Character: Dal

Dreamland!

Post by GraaceAndWill »

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/189206 ... e&n=283155

In the Net of Dreams by William Scott Simmons is one of my favorite books... thing is I've only read it once, and that was years ago... Little did I know it was a triology which I discovered today... gonna order this this weekend if I cant find a copy. Problem with ever finding it again was the author was pretty obscure when I first read it... and everytime I tried to find it, I couldn't... I just remember laughing my ass off at every turn and wishing to reread it time and again.
Where there is virtual man ass, there you shall find me.
Zolo
Caliph

Post by Zolo »

Looks intriguing. I went ahead and bought it. Not sure when I'll get to it. I've been behind on my book reading for a while.
Xolo - Level 67 Undead Priest
Rho - Level 47 Troll Mage
GraaceAndWill
Assassin

Post by GraaceAndWill »

Looks like when they compiled it, he re-edited it with more current computer lingo to make it flow and make more sense.
GraaceAndWill
Assassin

Post by GraaceAndWill »

Finally got around to ordering and reading this. Was glad I did. It's 3 books. First one's probably the best one. Second is great, third is only what I'd call good... There was just a decrease in humor as the books went along, although still plenty of it. But all around the books are radically different than most every other fantasy/sci-fi I've read... Perhaps Kilobyte (by Piers Anthony) would be similar but wasn't anywhere near as funny... but was still another good book that I've been unable to locate for some time other than online.

90% of the story told in first person... which is quite different than most every book I've read. In the second book, it becomes rather clear as to why it's all first person.
Zolo
Caliph

Post by Zolo »

Yeah, I ordered it and read it earlier this summer based on this thread. I really enjoyed the first two books. I thought the well was running dry by the third book, as the material seemed kinda stale for the most part in that one. But I still definitely recommend the series though. It's got a very nice blend of action, drama, and humor that's a blast to read.
Xolo - Level 67 Undead Priest
Rho - Level 47 Troll Mage
GraaceAndWill
Assassin

Post by GraaceAndWill »

Author's notes was probably one of the best parts of the book oddly enough >.>