Howard Stern on Sirius

A place for the public to come and bitch to us.
Kabol
Caliph

Howard Stern on Sirius

Post by Kabol »

Anyone else listening to him? Hearing him argue with Neil Cavuto (from FOX News) this morning was some of the best radio I have ever heard.
This is the Colbert Report. And for our foreign viewers, THIS IS THE COLBERT REPORT!
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

I used to listen to him when I was a Lemming and he was on in Louisville. However, when he got pulled from Radio 1 stations for some dumb thing he broadcast (I think it was a woman on the phone having an O face) he was pulled from Louisville. I then started to listen to Bob and Tom which is by far more humorous and less trashy shock jock.

He did have a good interview on the O'Riley factor I would give him that.
Last edited by Ves on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity

Kabol
Caliph

Post by Kabol »

So, you are one of those people who like Bob and Tom for some reason I can't fucking fathom. They lasted about 2 months in atlanta before they destroyed the ratings of the radio station they were on. That station went from a morning rating of 3rd to like 20th, then proceeded to get bought out by mexicans.

Feel free to clue me in on what I was missing that made them so funny. It sure wasn't the canned laughter.

I don't mean this to sound like I am lashing out at you for not liking Stern (doesn't really matter to me), I just really hated Bob and Tom.
This is the Colbert Report. And for our foreign viewers, THIS IS THE COLBERT REPORT!
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

Here is a run down of all the things you will hear on Howard Stern:

(Hot chick in room)Howard: Man you are soooo hot, if I wasn't in a relationship I would be all over you. ad nausem.

(Howard seeing a pic of a hot chick)Howard: Man she is soooo hot, if I wasn't in a relationship I would be all over her. ad nausem.

(Howard trying to make him self more human)Howard:I have a very small dick. (examples of how small it is)

(Howard trying to connect to the public)Howard: My prison issue toliet backedup up last night. It took me forever to get that log out. Made a mess of the whole place. (I am sure Howard plunges out his toliet)

(Howard trying to be culturly diverse)Howard: What do you think about that Robin?

Robin: Oh Howard.

BoB and Tom stuff is a bit more varied. No I do not think its the best thing in the world to listen to, but in the morning there is either that or some local people that have 20minutes of dead air between brain farts. I wish my car's CD player wasn't fucked up, it will randomly not read disc now.

Kabol
Caliph

Post by Kabol »

Well, I have been enjoying his show on satellite. He definitely wasn't commenting on how hot Neil Cavuto was this morning.
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

I think he does great on serious interviews and I LOVE it when he had musicians on there. I hate TRAIN and he had their front man on the show once and it was amazing how great it sounded. The problem is those interviews are few and far between. You have to deal with his other shit more often then not.

Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Post by Payndar Circusdorf »

What was the content of the Cavuto interview? What made it so good?
"We're family friendly. So long as your family sits around the hearth at night getting nostalgic about beastiality and honey-laced rimjobs." - Gilmore
The Big Fat Lobster
Dervish

Post by The Big Fat Lobster »

Cavuto shot Stern's penis off with his laser vision, and then summoned his legion of "Business Ninjas" to do battle with Stern's penis's ghost.

It was surreal.
Zolo
Caliph

Post by Zolo »

Kabol wrote:So, you are one of those people who like Bob and Tom for some reason I can't fucking fathom. They lasted about 2 months in atlanta before they destroyed the ratings of the radio station they were on. That station went from a morning rating of 3rd to like 20th, then proceeded to get bought out by mexicans.

Feel free to clue me in on what I was missing that made them so funny. It sure wasn't the canned laughter.

I don't mean this to sound like I am lashing out at you for not liking Stern (doesn't really matter to me), I just really hated Bob and Tom.
I listen to Bob & Tom here in Boise, mainly becuase it's better than anything else I've listened to. That's not a ringing endoresment for Bob & Tom (although they can be really damn funny sometimes). It's a statement about how shitty everything else is here.
Xolo - Level 67 Undead Priest
Rho - Level 47 Troll Mage
SKoRPioN
Dervish

Post by SKoRPioN »

I used to listen to Howard more than Bob and Tom. Hell, we even had a local radio station that called itself "Howard" and played Stern 24/7. Then they added more talk variety in and get this shit, now they play that lame sack of shit, Imus. Has to be the dumbest show on the planet. I can't even listen to it for all the static. Sounds like radio from the 50's.

Bob and Tom have some funny stuff, but they have to much of the same shit IMO. I swear to God, that Donny Baker guy is the funniest character I've heard in ages and some of the comedians they have on are great, but you seem to hear the same jokes and songs over and over.

Unfortunatley, there is not much else on. Since Howard is off, and I don't have sattelite radio, the choices are limited. I bet the unedited Howard is pretty funny though. Granted, the show was stupid sometimes, but other times it was funny at at least had more variation that Bob and Tom.
Skorpion- 60 Troll Rogue
Traskar- 60 Undead Warlock
Kryos - 60 Tauren Druid
Kabol
Caliph

Post by Kabol »

Payndar Circusdorf wrote:What was the content of the Cavuto interview? What made it so good?
Cavuto had an interview with an ex-listener of Stern's. They guy had no other qualifications but was portrayed as an expert.

The main topic these days is that, with Congressional hearings on censoring satellite radio and cable tv, Sirius is going to (or already is) impose restrictions on what Stern can say.

He (the interviewee) went further to say that Stern was in on the scam (his words) to lure in subscribers with promises of uncensored content. He said Stern was only in it for the money.

Anyway, the interview was Stern asking Cavuto how he, as a respectable reporter, could let these comments slide without once questioning their validity. For instance, how could this guy know Stern was in it for the money? Yes, they were just his opinions but Fox was portraying them as fact.

Cavuto said that he asked Sirius executives whether there were restricting (or planning to restrict) what Stern can say on his show. Since the Executives declined to reply, Cavuto assumed that they were restricting Stern and didn't want to admit it.

Stern blasted him, saying corporate execs don't have to debase every claim the media comes up with. He also mentioned that he always says he is unrestricted by Sirius. Why would Cavuto need a response from execs when Stern himself answers his question every day on his show?