Jim's Movie Reviews, January 2006 Edition --

A place for the public to come and bitch to us.
Gilmore
Assassin

Jim's Movie Reviews, January 2006 Edition --

Post by Gilmore »

This month, a girl I've been chasing and I decided to hit the movies, and she picked out Broke Back Mountain for us to see on Wednesday night. I figured I'd share my review with you all.

"Gay."

Both figuratively and literally. Goodnight.
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
0 rows returned.
Jan
Caliph
Main Character: Janet

Post by Jan »

Gilmore
Assassin

Post by Gilmore »

After we bought the tickets, she told me what it was about, and I wasn't phased. You guys know me, that's not a hang-up I have. I'll jump right into the man-pile. I couldn't believe how terrible the movie, was, though. I just couldn't find the 'love story' behind a duo who would rendezvous every now and again in secret and yet still bicker over shit incessently. It was an obvious cat-and-mouse setup, with one person's feelings open and the others slowly being shown over time, but I just couldn't get into it. Something about it seemed so forced. I really did try, though.

The ending leaves a lot to be desired, as does the rest of the movie. The story just progresses too slowly for there to be any big moments, it's a series of trite sayings like "I wish I knew how to quit you" and overly-obvious foreshadowings. Also, I didn't see the realism; why would two gay cowboys still insist on eating so many beans? That's almost as bad as if they'd ate nothing but Mexican.

Meh. I thought I could save the time of a full review and keep on with lazy-mode, but there you have it.
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

The premise of the movie doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the fact the entire movie is PAIN. Alot of emotional pain. So what type of movie is that, oh thats right its a chick flick. Woman just love to watch movies where everyone is in misery. Two familys torn apart. Two men trying to be "normal", but can't fight who they really are.

If I wanted to watch something like this I'll watch Steel Magnolias and see Julia Roberts die cause she wanted to have a damn baby. BITCH SHOULD HAVE TRIED ADOPTION! Why did she have to die, oh so young back then too. Those were the Pretty Woman days. Lips so big you know they would look good on your......./cough. Anyway, it might be about two gay guys, but its a chick flick. I'll pass.
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity