I really cannot fucking believe this

A place for the public to come and bitch to us.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

I really cannot fucking believe this

Post by Payndar Circusdorf »

Apparently something has been found in Iraq that really dwarfs the WMD controversy.

It would appear that buried under one of Saddam's most notorious prisons, there is, in fact, the source of that river of slime so prominent in Ghostbusters II, the one that made anyone who fell in it really angry and act like a completely inhuman fucktard.

That is the only fucking explanation for the absolutely reprehensible behavior exhibited by a handful of US soldiers in charge of Iraqi POWs in this prison.

Behold here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4855930/

-----
The photos appeared to show soldiers at the Abu Ghraib prison in Baghdad posing and laughing as naked male prisoners were stacked in a pyramid or made to simulate sex acts with one another.
----

-----
Among the images shown by the news channels was that of a hooded prisoner standing on a box with wires attached to his hands. CBS reported that the prisoner was told that if he fell off the box, he would be electrocuted, although in reality the wires were not connected to a power supply.
-----

Not only did these soldiers physically and psychologically torture prisoners, they even went out of their way to photgraph themselves doing so.

Everyone from Bush on down is raising high holy hell over it and criminal charges have been filed against half a dozen or so soldiers. But the power to prosecute an American soldier is insignificant beside the power to whip up a mob of unemployed Iraqis who already wanted the US soldiers gone.

Now I supported the war before it started, I supported it as it was fought, and I support the occupation now. We need to stay there a while longer. But goddamn these people for what they did. Irresponsible does not begin to describe their actions. They probably doubled the anger felt by the populace and pushed alot of Iraqi fence-sitters into the resistance.

Yes, if Saddam was in charge those wires would have had real juice in them and the guy wasn't really in danger.

Fuck that, and fuck these soldiers.

I say skip the fucking trial for any of the ones who photographed themselves. Just gag 'em and deliver them to the families of the people they tortured, no questions asked.

As for the ones who took the pictures, give them a trial, and then have them publicly executed in front of the Iraqis so they know we don't approve of this.

Every single person in the armed forces of the US (and our allies in the conflict) has got to be seriously pissed right now at these people.

If not, well, then fuck you.
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

Mabye all the guys that did that shit was just at the breaking point from putting their lifes on the line for a country to be free when its almost pointless to even try. I mean if i was trying to help a person out but they tired to kill me every step of the way I think i might go nuts too.

Honestly, how in the holly hell is the Iraq situation going to have a happy ending in the long run. The army can't stay there forever to police the country and as soon as they leave another shitty ass regime will take root and the cycle continues. I mean who the hell are we even handing the government over to in June anyway. Bush still hasn't even told us who that lucky bunch will be. My solution NUKE THE ENTIRE MIDDLE EAST.
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity

Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

The girl giving a thumbs up in front of a naked Iraqi sure didn't look like she was at the breaking point. She looked like a douche.

If these guys were coming under fire in a Humvee, shot the perps, and then unloaded on some civilians who had stood idly by, then yeah, I could say they snapped.

Not these guys. These were fucking jail guards at what is basically a POW installation.

There's a good chance the country will turn to shit after we leave in a few years but I doubt it. The Iraqis aren't idiots and most of them don't want a government like the one next door in Iran, so they should be ok.

The biggest problem right now is that the Iraqi security force is working for the US, not the Iraqi government, because there's not one. Once they get a constitution in place and the Iraqi cops are working for the legit government, attacks will drop dramatically and they will be much more motivated.

Right now we are in the worst of it. I put odds at 75% that attacks will start dropping by September, once the new people in charge (whoever that turns out to be) are able to take some action.

Bush doesn't know who power will be handed over to, because the UN team brought in to consult hasn't done shit about it yet after clamoring for 2 years that this shouldn't be done without them.

I fucking hate the UN.
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

I have to agree with hating the UN. The UN is the biggest shame ever created. People hear UN they think "Country Unity." They generally don't know who is actually in the UN. Hell most countries in it have dictators and all they ever care about is their own country's welfare. I wish i had your optomistic view on Iraq though. One democratic nation in a see of scum doesn't look easy.

Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Yeah, somehow it was a huge fucking deal for the US to ignore the wishes of an organization that allowed Libya and then Syria to -chair- the committee on Human Rights and went on to let Iraq -chair- the weapons disarmament committee while they were under sanctions for violating disarmament resolutions.

And somehow the -US- is branded hypocritical.

As for Iraq, it will have the help of Turkey to the north which is a successful, secular Islamic republic.
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

Im begining to think me and payn are the only people up to date on our current events.

Anyway, why don't that make it so that the only countries allowed into the UN are democratic governments. I mean christ the UN is a democratic council only seems fit to only use democracies to run it.

Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Well that would be what you'd think, except for the history of the UN's founding.

The UN was founded at the end of World War II in order to prevent World War III. To do that, you pretty much had to include the Soviets, who were anything but democratic.

Add onto that the portion of the UN charter that explicitly outlaws among its members any territorial acquisition through conquest, and you right there want every country in the world to sign it.

Namely:
---
All Members shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the United Nations.
----

You can fucking well believe they'd let the Soviets in.
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

And if a country didn't live up to the agreement what would the UN do. Thats right the same pussy ass thing it always does. Ask you to be nice or they will.......do absofuckinglutly nothing cause they can't agree on anything.

Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Except in Korea in the 50's.

Though that was because the Soviet ambassador to the Security Council didn't show up in protest. So we passed a resolution to fuck up some Commies.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Oh and when Saddam invaded Kuwait.