Age of Conan

A place for the public to come and bitch to us.
GraaceAndWill
Assassin
Main Character: Dal

Age of Conan

Post by GraaceAndWill »

AoC... discus!

http://www.ageofconan.com

From what my bf and I read, this look more interesting than DDO and Vanguard, but there's not been a whole lot of info handed out.
Where there is virtual man ass, there you shall find me.
Zolo
Caliph

Post by Zolo »

Oh sure. Tease me with the promise of a Conan O'Brien-based MMO and then rip my heart out.
Xolo - Level 67 Undead Priest
Rho - Level 47 Troll Mage
GraaceAndWill
Assassin

Post by GraaceAndWill »

In the year 2000....
Phelps McManus
Caliph

Post by Phelps McManus »

Secrets...
In vino veritas.

wanu
Denden

Post by wanu »

FunCom is the DEVIL!

FunCom ran Anarchy online. OMG.. if any of you remember that MMO (i played for 4 years beta and up) you'll know how FC does their business.
I heal you tank, simple eh?

LvL 60 Dr00d Aggrmar, Horde.

http://ctprofiles.net/418534
Rango
Caliph

Post by Rango »

i half expected conan O'brien in some plate armor and a battle axe personaly
Iamnameless
Assassin
Location: Not the US of A...try Norther and Colder. And no, I don't mean Minnesota.

Post by Iamnameless »

Rango wrote:i half expected conan O'brien in some plate armor and a battle axe personaly
I would pay to see that...
Aynder - 60 Tauren Druid
Rango
Caliph

Post by Rango »

id pay 12.95 a month
wanu
Denden

Post by wanu »

Rango wrote:id pay 12.95 a month
it looks cool yes it does, but from my experience with FC and how they run their mmo's is fix upon patch, you might see this differently as to what blizzard does, but let me tell yah two small stories from anarchy online ( http://www.anarchyonline.com )....

1) whompas ( basically a warp tunnel to one point to another): I remember when they were so bugged you end up 30k in the air and die upon fall damage each time you went to Borealis. Took these guys until the next patch (3 weeks) to nerf fall damage to 999 ceiling and then another 3 weeks to patch to fix that problem.

2) there were some HUGE exploits, you could put items on the hotbar and get the benefits. using wow for an example: crown of destruction (i believe thats what its called) hunters love that crown for its benefits (drop from ragnaros) you could put up 6 of those on the hotbar and get ALL the benefits, imagine that. =) took them 3 weeks to a month to fix it.

there's many more stories, but those are my most memorable, hell you could get OODLES of money simply by clicking on a body that gives cash during lag a million time to get it duped (of which you'd be banned for in a hot second.)

the fix on every patch isn't that great, if theres's log in problems you gotta wait until next patch to have it fixed adn these boys rarely did emergency patches.

hopefully, that wouldn't happen in AOC. I just couldn't bring my self to trust the norwegian based company anymore after 4 years of it. =) good luck to all those who try. =D

Jan
Caliph
Main Character: Janet

Post by Jan »

Hmm... Sounds like Blizzard!
GraaceAndWill
Assassin

Post by GraaceAndWill »

Blizzard waits 3 months between patches to fix 1 class at a time (and does a half-assed job at it), has the worst customer service and relations I've ever seen in an MMO, the worst servers that are just now getting fixed after over a year and a half, all the while they rake in $15/mo/account of 5ish million accounts + box sales. Fun game--yes, competant company that makes me feel like I'm getting good service--no.

FC is just likely to be as bad just different if what you say is true. /sigh.

Should have stuck with COH, good service, relations, developer feedback, fun times.
Jan
Caliph
Main Character: Janet

Post by Jan »

GraaceAndWill wrote:Blizzard waits 3 months between patches to fix 1 class at a time (and does a half-assed job at it), has the worst customer service and relations I've ever seen in an MMO, the worst servers that are just now getting fixed after over a year and a half, all the while they rake in $15/mo/account of 5ish million accounts + box sales. Fun game--yes, competant company that makes me feel like I'm getting good service--no.

FC is just likely to be as bad just different if what you say is true. /sigh.

Should have stuck with COH, good service, relations, developer feedback, fun times.
But so repetitive ;/

CoH died to me when I was the only one left of all my RL friends.
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

After you beat the character creation level in CoH the game is downhill from there :P .
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity

wanu
Denden

Post by wanu »

it's true that blizzard could probably improve on a lot of things, but i still think all these problems are a cakewalk compared to FC. But that's just me and my 4 years of agony. =)

Believe me, anarchy online has so much potential, awesome character development choices, implants, weapons, lvling strategies, spells, it goes on. It's just sickening that if i change zones more than 8 times I crash, pvp was a joke, and no instances (uber boss = 18 hour spawn)

Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

AO was fun until all I did was mission blitzing. It was too easy for me, thus it got boring quick.
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity