The Wheel of Time

A place for the public to come and bitch to us.
Clayvis
Assbag

The Wheel of Time

Post by Clayvis »

I’m a huge fan of this series. Rand is just developed so well over 10 books that it makes my head spin. But I was wondering if anyone had any infos on the next installment? I found this “KNIFE OF DREAMS, will go on-sale nation-wide this October 11, 2005.” But I haven’t seen it in any book stores. Anyone know if it was moved back or do I just have the downs?
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Re: The Wheel of Time

Post by Payndar Circusdorf »

Clayvis wrote:I’m a huge fan of this series. Rand is just developed so well over 10 books that it makes my head spin. But I was wondering if anyone had any infos on the next installment? I found this “KNIFE OF DREAMS, will go on-sale nation-wide this October 11, 2005.” But I haven’t seen it in any book stores. Anyone know if it was moved back or do I just have the downs?
You have the downs. I finished reading it two weeks ago; head up to your local bookstore or ebook pirater to read it.
"We're family friendly. So long as your family sits around the hearth at night getting nostalgic about beastiality and honey-laced rimjobs." - Gilmore
Phelps McManus
Caliph

Post by Phelps McManus »

You have the downs. It came out a couple weeks ago. In fact there is a thread about it almost directly below this one. In fact, it is #1 on the NY Times Bestsellers list. Go to booksamillion and i promise they will have a billion.
In vino veritas.

Clayvis
Assbag

Post by Clayvis »

How was it?
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Phelps McManus wrote: Go to booksamillion and i promise they will have a billion.
Overstepping their mandate a bit there.
"We're family friendly. So long as your family sits around the hearth at night getting nostalgic about beastiality and honey-laced rimjobs." - Gilmore
Kabol
Caliph

Post by Kabol »

I went to the local Barnes & Noble and couldn't find it. I asked the cashier lady and she says "Oh we only got 8 copies". 8 Copies? WTG!

I went across the street to the Borders and they had a mountain of them.
This is the Colbert Report. And for our foreign viewers, THIS IS THE COLBERT REPORT!
Mikren
Gypsy

Post by Mikren »

just get from http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... s&n=507846
probly cheaper than buying at a book store
Last edited by Mikren on Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hajii-85 Dwarf Priest
Sayah-85 Gnome Warrior
--> Arygos
Gnal
Denden

Post by Gnal »

Old post, I know but I love this series. Finally, it seems as this story might be coming to some sort of conclusion.
I was afraid that he wasn't going to finish WoT before he keeled over. Maybe there's some hope now.
This (Knife of Dreams) is definitely one of my favorite in the series.
Lot's of story focused on Mat!

-Gnal
"Thou shalt not make a machine to counterfeit a -human- mind."
Mikren
Gypsy

Post by Mikren »

yea, he did an incredible job with KoD. mat's storyline was very dominant in that one and made it all the better.
Hajii-85 Dwarf Priest
Sayah-85 Gnome Warrior
--> Arygos
GraaceAndWill
Assassin
Main Character: Dal

Post by GraaceAndWill »

I've read books 1-7 or 8... I keep trying to read 8 or 9... and keep falling asleep...forgetting about it...pick up other books.... then have to start over... I always found this series "interesting" but not really "exciting" except for the first book or two. So many characters that are hardly kept track of that it's enough to make my head spin. Many of them I'm sure I've read of before but can't remember... I was told about the time I read book 5/6 that I am supposed to be taking notes... /sigh
Where there is virtual man ass, there you shall find me.
Gnal
Denden

Post by Gnal »

Hahaha!

Yeah actually it does seem like that some times. I picked that book up and flipped through the 800+ pages and sighed....here we go again....

-Gnal
"Thou shalt not make a machine to counterfeit a -human- mind."
Clayvis
Assbag

Post by Clayvis »

This has always been one of my favorite series. And with Mat being my favorite character in the story Knife of Drems really did it for me. I am also hopeing to see this seriese drawn to a close though. Has been going on for just a bit too long.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Clayvis wrote: Has been going on for just a bit too long.
No shit. I started reading the series when it was on book 4, in the 8th grade. I was twelve. That was 1992.
Clayvis
Assbag

Post by Clayvis »

That was 1992
Damn. I was five at that time. :shock:
Zolo
Caliph

Post by Zolo »

Clayvis wrote:
That was 1992
Damn. I was five at that time. :shock:
I was in college. :P