Once a Hero

A place for the public to come and bitch to us.
CoopCommando
Dervish

Once a Hero

Post by CoopCommando »

I got this book about 2 weeks ago from amazon (had to get it new). While I expected it to be great, it was even better than I remembered. The only warning I have, is that nearly every chapter is left with a cliffhanger, and the chapters always rotate between two different groups for the first 3/4 of the book. By the end of each chapter, you don't want to switch groups, but then you get enthralled with the other group and want to know what happens to them at the end of the NEXT chapter. I suspect that some of you people would read this book in about 2 days, tops. It is better than any David Eddings/R.A.Salvatore/Robert Jordan/Weisman books I have read. It is a stand alone book, but I strongly advise picking this up.

Any of you Anderson people can just ask me, and I'll let you borrow it.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Re: Once a Hero

Post by Payndar Circusdorf »

CoopCommando wrote: It is better than any David Eddings/R.A.Salvatore/Robert Jordan/Weisman books I have read.
Crossroads of Twilight aside, you defame Robert Jordan by putting him in that company.
Kabol
Caliph

Post by Kabol »

I am used to the rotating POV from George R.R. Martin's books. If you are comparing this book to his, then I weill definitely have to pick it up. Thanks, Coop.
This is the Colbert Report. And for our foreign viewers, THIS IS THE COLBERT REPORT!
Ves
Caliph

Post by Ves »

Sounds alot like Song of Ice and Fire, will have to pick that up after reading all the Harry Potters i've negleced and A feast of crows.
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity