Hello all =)

A place for the public to come and bitch to us.
Teak
Denden

Hello all =)

Post by Teak »

Hello everyone.

A little background for those that don't know me. I started playing EverQuest in Oct '99. Started out on The Rathe server as a dwarf cleric. After quickly getting bored with the cleric, I experimented with several other classes, finally settling on a halfling druid (Teakken). I loved how adventurous the druid could be and explore so much of the world without *needing* help of others. When SOE created the Zebuxoruk server as a merge of Rathe and E'ci, I transferred to Zeb.

On Zeb, I formed a guild with some close in-game (and a couple RL friends). We named it Stone. Over time, it developed into a raiding guild. I, myself, don't care for endless raiding, but I do like seeing new content and working my way thru the storyline of the game, and I very much enjoy grouping with friends and chatting while we challenge ourselves and delete pixels. I'm also anxious to get up in levels to participate in some battlegrounds. :)

Traditionally, I've always been attracted to nature loving characters, both in books as well as in games. My main character in EQ was a halfling druid. Yeah, I know, everyone has one now. But back when I started him, they weren't as common and a good druid could really be appreciated in groups. In WoW, I'm working on a Tauren druid named Teakken. I'll also probably develop an Orc hunter. I've played a hunter on a dif server up to level 31 and enjoy the playstyle of the hunter a lot as well as the druid. The level 31 hunter is my highest level character, so I don't have a lot of knowledge about this game yet, so please be patient when I ask stupid questions.

For some RL background (in case you care... I always like to know a little RL info about the people I play games with so...) I'm a 35 year old male. I am single, never married, no kids. I work for the University of Arizona South (a branch campus of UofA) in Sierra Vista, AZ as a Systems Analyst. I also own and operate a gaming center in Tucson along with my brother for the past 3 years. Between my normal 40-hour job at UA and running the gaming center, I don't have as much time as I used to for games, but I do still enjoy the escape from reality so game around 15-20 hours per week (give or take). Having been in the leadership of a guild for a few years, I understand the stress of that job. You won't find me creating drama. I'm easy going and pretty patient. It's pretty hard to get me riled up, unless you go the route of attacking me or my friends, as I'm pretty loyal and stick up for my friends.

As I already said, I enjoy grouping with friends, but sometimes I like to be alone (that's why I choose to play characters that can be played solo well), but I always enjoy chatting in game. So if there's anything else you'd like to know, don't hesitate to send me a /whisper or ask here.

I look forward to getting to know you all!

edit: spelling errors :oops:
Last edited by Teak on Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sede
Gypsy

Post by sede »

Good to see you on the OoH boards Teak. :D
til2
Assbag

Post by til2 »

Teak :)
Monox
I want to fuck this:
Main Character: Monox

Post by Monox »

Woot! Hey Teak!
FYMF
b&'d

Post by FYMF »

Sup Teak. Not sure if you mentioned it or not, but might as well tell everyone that you like to 'chat' 5 paragraph essays at a time :P
Teak
Denden

Post by Teak »

FYMF wrote:...might as well tell everyone that you like to 'chat' 5 paragraph essays at a time :P
They'll learn. :twisted:
Browd
Gypsy

Post by Browd »

Oh wow! A name from the past!

Hello Teak! This is Haelion from LotD

You were one of the best GL's whenever I had to deal with Stone or just chatting and giving me advice. I wondered what happened to you and its nice to see you back playing.

Nice to see you on the boards! ALso you must have been rushed as that 5 paragraph chat equals a 3 word comment from "normal" people! :D
Eessa
Orc Warlock - 39

Book: "If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell-a level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theatre." - Firefly (Our Mrs Reynolds)