War of the Ancients:

A place for the public to come and bitch to us.
Gilmore
Assassin

War of the Ancients:

Post by Gilmore »

Penned by Richard A. Knaak, I was lucky enough to get a free copy of the first book of the trilogy with the collector's edition of WoW. (I got a stupid-good deal on it, so no jokes about overpaying for the CE :P).

Since then, I've scooped up the other two books and absolutely devoured them. They're a quick read, but more than satisfying.

In brief, the fabric of time is being torn aport as Nozdormu, the Aspect of Time, tries to hold it all together. He summons help from a red dragon named Korialstrasz (who spends time as Krasus, in the form of a mortal) and his companion, a human mage named Rhonin. After being thrust into the ancient past by the rifts in time, they find an orc warrior named Broxigar who befell the same fate. Together, the three of them find that they've been sent back ten thousand years to the time before the first coming of the Burning Legion.

They have to find a way to investigate and stop the rifts being torn in time, and along the way still manage to help the night elves (Illidan, Tyrande, Malfurion, Shandris Feathermoon, Jarod Shadowsong, and Maiev among them) to fight off the Burning Legion and to grapple with the betrayal of Neltharion as he becomes Deathwing.

Very well written, as Knaak's been writing for Blizzard for years and has penned a few Dragonlance novels, and a definite must-read for anyone who gets caught up in the history of the Warcraft world. All three books are cheap to pick up at a list price of $6.99 each, and I consider that more than worth every penny.

Hope some fellow Warcraft junkies enjoy these, as I know I did. Of course, you don't have to take my word for it... (And with that, cue the "ba dum bum!" and LeVar Burton.)

[On an unrelated note, I looked up the show on IMDB for shits and giggles, and one of the reviews was too ironic: "LeVar Burton was the host and he hosted quite well! The show was put together and written well and the people that was on show was good."]