My solution: dust off

A place for the public to come and bitch to us.
Zolo
Caliph

Post by Zolo »

It's only a matter of time before somebody posts one showing the water rushing into New Orleans to the tune of "When The Levee Breaks" by Led Zeppelin.
Xolo - Level 67 Undead Priest
Rho - Level 47 Troll Mage
Phelps McManus
Caliph

Post by Phelps McManus »

If it keeps on raining, the levee's going to break.
In vino veritas.

Gilmore
Assassin

Post by Gilmore »

When the levee breaks, I'll (they'll) have no place to stay.

I feel a bit less morbid knowing that I wasn't the only one to have that thought, Xolo. I was reading a newspaper at work during break when that song came up as the random one on my ipod. It's funny that it always made me think of New Orleans anyway, just because it's so blues-y and talks about levees.

As the song says, though, 'Oh well, oh well, oh well.' RIP Big Easy.
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
0 rows returned.
Zolo
Caliph

Post by Zolo »

Gilmore wrote:As the song says, though, 'Oh well, oh well, oh well.' RIP Big Easy.
I was thinking about that this morning. The city is so fucked up now that most of the middle-class people that have evacuated won't even be able to go back to the city for months. That means that they'll either have to subsist off of whatever federal money they can get while they rebuild or they'll have to start new lives elsewhere. I'm guessing most will do the latter. There's probably a fair amount of lower and upper class people that won't want to live there either.

So even if they do rebuild, I just can't see that many people actually living there once they do.
Xolo - Level 67 Undead Priest
Rho - Level 47 Troll Mage
Hkat
Caliph

Post by Hkat »

I just can't see that many people actually living there once they do.

Burbon street will still be happenin.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Post by Payndar Circusdorf »

Now that the US Military is in charge down there, I just heard in a briefing that the Superdome will be -empty- in 4 hours (this was at 4:30) after a sustained evac.

Convention center is up to bat next. The briefers said they had evac'ed 1000 refugees from there already today.

Too bad there are over 10,000 there.