Harry Potter v6.0 ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

A place for the public to come and bitch to us.
Phelps McManus
Caliph

Post by Phelps McManus »

Yeah...at least he went out like a little bitch...I was tired of his "there is good in everyone" bull shit.
In vino veritas.

Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Post by Payndar Circusdorf »

Phelps McManus wrote:Yeah...at least he went out like a little bitch.
I wouldn't consider following the plan to be "going out like a bitch."
Phelps McManus
Caliph

Post by Phelps McManus »

If you say so.
In vino veritas.

Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Though to be fair, compared to Mace Windu he went out like a bitch.

I just hope he stays dead. Keeping Sirius dead but not him would be criminal (hah!).

Next question: Snape - good or evil?
Phelps McManus
Caliph

Post by Phelps McManus »

I say good. I justify this by him not using a painful curse on Papa, only doing the deed to protect Draco via the unbreakable vow, and him not doing fuck all to the babies while storming the castle.
In vino veritas.

Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Phelps McManus wrote:I say good. I justify this by him not using a painful curse on Papa, only doing the deed to protect Draco via the unbreakable vow, and him not doing fuck all to the babies while storming the castle.
The Unbreakable Vow also required him to finish the job if Draco failed. I think that is what made him do it.
Phelps McManus
Caliph

Post by Phelps McManus »

So you concur with the opinion?
In vino veritas.

Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Verily.

I think the reason why Dums trusts him is that Snape was completely in love with Lily Potter and never forgave himself for causing her death.

That would explain Snape's completely over-the-top hatred of Harry from minute one and at the same time explain why Dums trusts him fully. It also explains why Snape was still teaching Harry even as during his fighting retreat.

Snape has always hated and protected Harry. Lily is a solid reason for both.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

From a CNN article:

------
"The awful betrayal!" said Katie Oxman, 13, of New Canaan, Connecticut, just minutes after reading the climax. It was so shocking, she said, she screamed out to her father.
-----

I've heard of crying out to God after a climax, but Dad? Sick.
Zolo
Caliph

Post by Zolo »

I finally finished the book tonight. I knew Dumbledore would die at some point, but just wasn't entirely sure if it was going to be in this book or the next one. The one thing that happened that I didn't really expect was Harry announcing that he wasn't coming back to Hogwart's, although it made sense after thinking about it.

And I'm also wondering how exactly he's going to go from the average student who can't make potions without a cheat sheet to some sort of Death-Eater-ass-kicker over the summer.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

After Goblet of Fire I figured that at some point Harry would have to live without the absolute safety net Dumbledore provided. I figured Dums was going out in Book 5 and was upset that it was Black instead.
Liltyger
Gypsy

Post by Liltyger »

A little late chiming in here, but I really liked it when gandolf took a long fall and everyone thought he was dead! I might think he wasn't coming back if he hadn't just given a speech about how they could convincingly make Malfoy seem to be dead so he could disappear. I enjoyed it overall, I assume that when Voldey came in for the job interview the second time he was making something in Dumbledore's office a Horcrux. It'd suck if they had to destroy the sarcastic hat.
Zolo
Caliph

Post by Zolo »

*** WARNING: SPOILER SPECULATION HERE ***

I've also been wondering if Dumbledore's death was somehow faked, although I seriously doubt he'd use a Horcrux. I just don't see Dumbledore murdering somebody in cold blood.

I think a more likely scenario is that Dumbledore's death wasn't faked, but that he wasn't killed unwillingly. I suspect he hatched a plan to sacrifice himself to allow Snape to gain Voldemort's full trust. When he confided his plan with Snape, that's when they got into their huge argument. And since Snape knew he'd be a marked man as soon as he killed Dumbledore, I think that's why he got REALLY pissed off when Harry called him a coward.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Liltyger wrote: I assume that when Voldey came in for the job interview the second time he was making something in Dumbledore's office a Horcrux. It'd suck if they had to destroy the sarcastic hat.
Since he wasn't killing anyone at the time I doubt this was the case.
Payndar Circusdorf
Caliph

Zolo wrote: I suspect he hatched a plan to sacrifice himself to allow Snape to gain Voldemort's full trust.
That and save Draco from going dark.